Thread: Phoenix

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Phoenix

Well its the Phoenix this weekend. Who's going?

I will be going on Saturday. Was going to be helping my mate on his tables but he lost all his bookings due to the complete mixup that emerged by the change that took place. Anyway I will be taking up a few items, a Titan MPT, FAS 604, Airmatch 600, Crosman SA6, a new Webley MK VI pellet version, and a Weihrauch HW45. Taking a lovely Haenel 28 and a Webley MK 1 pistol for fenny. Hope the reduced size of the show does not affect it too much.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

I hope to be there Friday.

Not sure quite what to expect but hope to see some friends old and new as well as a few guns!

This may be the last ever Bisley fair

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

I'm a relative newbie here. What is the Phoenix and where is it? Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Mobiasstrip View Post
    Hello Steve,

The Phoenix is a shooting meeting arising from the old National Pistol Association event held annually before the 1995 breech loading pistol ban. The meeting is held at Bisley in Surrey each year and always includes a supporting Arms Fair with quite a few collectable air guns on offer. The National Rifle Association own the venue and have recently taken back the lease for the Pavilion building where the Arms Fair is normally held. Apparently, they have plans to renovate and change the use of the building, which may mean some difficulty in finding an alternative site for the Arms Fair.

Regards

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Mobiasstrip View Post
    It's a prestigious shooting weekend, there are also exhibitors and traders-including some selling vintage airguns at massively over inflated prices
    Never go off half cocked....

All lies matter

Just got back and it is very hard to be positive about the NRA's organisation of this long running and popular event.

Compared to previous years, when the Pavilion was full of dealers, as was the marquee outside, the verandah and the tents outside, damp squib is possibly an overstatement.

Very poor show with only one classic airgun dealer in attendance. Lots of free space available for stands but most dealers who used to regularly attend were told the bookings were full

Very disappointing and an embarrassment

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    I hope to be there Friday.

Not sure quite what to expect but hope to see some friends old and new as well as a few guns!

This may be the last ever Bisley fair

John
    Hi John,

I hope the Phoenix, Imperial and Trafalgar meetings continue to include an Arms Fair even if the Pavilion is no longer available to host it.

Hope to see you there on Friday.

Regards

Brian