Thread: Looking for Info on a few recent purchases

Looking for Info on a few recent purchases

Hi, I have recently purchased a few guns and was hoping you guys would be kind enough to share your knowledge on any of the following (value, age etc.)

First up is a Haenal Mod II DRP. Looks in real good condition apart from a couple of bits of surface rust as pictured. Am thinking a bit of fine wire wool and some oil on the patches of rust for now.

http://s1079.photobucket.com/user/ge...?sort=3&page=1

Pardini Fiochhi P10. In pretty good nick all round and also with a spare left hand grip, seems to have been well used and unfortunately not working at the moment so will need to find someone to repair it.

I think this is a Gamo PR45. Unfortunately this one is not working so will also need repairing.

I think this is a Gamo AF10.

The person selling the two Gamo's actually thought they were bb guns, not quite sure how they came to this conclusion.

Any help much appreciated.

Correct ID on the Gamos.

The AF-10 is a "BB" gun of sorts. It can fire pellets singly, or BBs - preferably Gamo lead balls - from a 10 shot tube magazine.

Haenel Info...

If you go to Garvin's excellent "Vintage Airgun Gallery" there's a lot of Haenel info including a 1930's catalog:
    http://www.network54.com/Forum/68145...0959873/Haenel

If I remember correctly (!) sometimes a date can be seen on the underside of the breech block, visible only when the barrel is opened nearly to the cocked position.

You have lucked onto a very nice example with beautiful woodwork!

Don R.

Thanks Geezer, will have to have a closer look at these two.

Thanks also Draitzer. I had a look into the Haenal before I bought and assumed that it was perhaps late 30's model although it does seem in very good condition given my estimate on the age. Was also curious about the export stock on it.

I must admit that overall my knowledge on airguns is very poor and I tend to work on the basis that if it looks nice and is at the right price I will add it to my growing collection.

I must admit that I am gutted the Pardini doesn't work as this is a really bizarre pistol.

The Pardini looks to be in good nick and would be well worth repairing since, as you say, it is not working.
    It is a 10m match pistol with single stroke cocking action and probably dates from the 1980's/ 90's. I have never owned one of these but it was a popular match pistol before the advent of pcp's.

I have a Haenel model l DRP similar to the mod ll but I think your mod ll is in fact a mod ll-E variant with the chequered and shaped grip - the mod ll had a much plainer grip. A nice example worth restoring and dating from the 1930's probably.

Hope this helps.
    Aubrey

Thanks Aubrey

Went to see my local gunsmith and unfortunately he is not interested in fixing the Pardini so will have to find someone else, last resort is me having a go which will most likely end in a mess. The only advice he could offer is that it is most likely a broken part as the trigger will not move.

He has however taken the Haenal so hopefully over the next week or two she should be on her way back with all the surface rust sorted. Am also looking forward to a bit of target shooting with this one when I get the chance as it just feels such a nice gun to hold with it being so light. Am also liking the open sights on it.

Just keen to know the value of these two now. From what I have seen online I would have thought maybe £100 - £150 for the Pardini in working order and possibly £200 - £250 for the Haenal???

What was also interesting was that the Gamo I thought might be broken is actually working. I thought it seemed so low on power that there must be something up with it but apparently they were not very powerful to begin with, so what I thought might be an issue is actually just the way they were made. Not sure what to do with these two yet, will most likely be sold if anyone will take them or handed over to the nephews so that they can destroy some tins.

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle George View Post
    Thanks Aubrey

Went to see my local gunsmith and unfortunately he is not interested in fixing the Pardini so will have to find someone else, last resort is me having a go which will most likely end in a mess. The only advice he could offer is that it is most likely a broken part as the trigger will not move.

He has however taken the Haenal so hopefully over the next week or two she should be on her way back with all the surface rust sorted. Am also looking forward to a bit of target shooting with this one when I get the chance as it just feels such a nice gun to hold with it being so light. Am also liking the open sights on it.

Just keen to know the value of these two now. From what I have seen online I would have thought maybe £100 - £150 for the Pardini in working order and possibly £200 - £250 for the Haenal???

Hi

Being an ssp, The Pardi9ni may be right up Lawrie Amatruda's street

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Thanks John, will see if he will take it on.