Thread: Set up a Few spinner targets

Set up a Few spinner targets

Quite an entertaining evening to shoot these spinner targets. I found one made of self healing rubber that is made for a .22 rimfire. Is spins quite nice with the TX200 .22

However the pellets do not penetrate it at all, they just mark it a bit. I did get one to stick in the head right were the eye would be..... Really freaked me out when it stopped spinning and all of a sudden had a silver eye when it stopped!

I also have a little 1/4" thick steel sheep from a .22 I had a long time ago. It will not spin, but makes a pleasant and satisfying ding upon impact. Also leaves quite lovely silver spots when it's hit.

Finally I have another automatic target contraption that knocks the 1" paddle up until all four are latched. At which point you can hit the top one to release them back to the bottom. I struggle getting them to latch. They bounce up and back down most of the time. I think the TX200 rifle is to powerful, or I have it to close? I'll try it at 35 meters and see if it will let them latch up.

How many times can you shoot a springer before it needs service. At the rate I'm shooting this I'm already considering the service interval! Such a pleasant way to spend the evening on the back porch shooting across the garden at the various targets!

I have a similar set up to 50 yards out of my shop.I have it lit with solar lights for night shooting. It doesn't take long to empty a tin of pellets.
    G A Damron V ,the vegatarian varmint destroyer.

Quote Originally Posted by JJHACK View Post
    How many times can you shoot a springer before it needs service.
    If it's been set up correctly and appropriately lubricated from the outset, aside from keeping it clean and periodically checking all the stock/mount bolts are nipped up tight, I think it's generally a case of 'if it ain't broke, it don't need fixing'....