Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Call for airgun licencing in England

Quote Originally Posted by StephenJH View Post
    So license them
    So if we licence cats because they hunt, should we not licence air gunners who hunt ?
    6 out of 7 dwarfs are not happy...!

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Long View Post
    So if we licence cats because they hunt, should we not licence air gunners who hunt ?
    I think this is the point - they're suggesting we license air-guns because there are a small small minority of numpties who apparently are taking pot shots at cats. I'm suggesting we license cats - because a small minority of their owners let them deposit toxoplasmosis infected poop in other peoples gardens, and harass and kill pets in ponds and aviaries.

Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post
    But you can add terms and conditions to the license. Like they are to be kept on your property unless on a leash or in a secure cage being transported to the vets like dogs! I support the reintroduction of the dog license. All of my dogs are chipped and registered as the law requires.

I know people who own cats who are avid bird watchers, but their fur lined psychos have their own exercise pen which is a bolt on to the conservatory, it is basically a cat aviary with climbing poles. It covers most of the back garden, they leave their little piles of defecation in their owner's property. They do not slaughter song birds or voles, they are two happy mogs, who have a safe and secure existence.
    Be careful - you are talking common sense.
    Happy Shooting!! Paul.
    "We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking that we used when we created them" - Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by gwyn View Post
    Just heard on Classic FM 12 0'clock news,the cats protection league are calling for the licensing of airguns in England,they say there has been a large increase in the reported number of cats having been shot by airguns.
    It would be easy to do as the new Scottish law on licensing of airguns was quoted.
    So look out everyone!
    Apply licences to cat owners.
    According to my back garden there has been a large increase in catshite and I don't have a cat
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Why not have licences for cats. They trespass on other peoples property and 5hit every where other than their own property. Imagine if you jumped over your next door neighbours fence and took a dump. Im not against cats but their owners seem oblivious to what they do.
    Just to clarify do not think any idiot shod take a pot shot at one. But a good water pistol is just as effective.

In the US they conduct back ground checks at the shop before you buy although this wouldn't solve issues with guns already in the public domain it may help prevent future issues.
    Weihrauch HW97 .177, Weihrauch HW80 .22, Weihrauch HW77 .22

I've got an infrared ultrasonic cat/fox annoyer on my wall, since it has been going I haven't seen Top Cat and his buddies lurking, makes the local foxes a bit less frequent too. A large decrease of shite too, hope the neighbours who own them are getting it in their yards
    Failing that a massive Super Soaker from the bay item no 231287485620 is fun and effective in keeping the back of the garden well watered
    Last edited by rogb; 28-05-2016 at 04:32 PM.

I know of an 'outdoor' cat that feeds on rabbits and mice. It also catches / kills rats but does not eat them (it has good taste). I do not know where it cr**s or p**s but would like someone to tell me how you could train an outdoor cat with a presumably large territory to only perform in an allotted space. Impossible to do so springs to mind. As far as I know it does not catch or eat song birds. If garden owners want to use measures to keep such a cat off their gardens, be it water pistol or some other deterrent e.g. noise generator, so be it; but actual violence is a definite no-no and if I came across anyone doing actual bodily harm to a cat then they would feel the full might of the law. If I found they had shot a cat I would hope they reap their just rewards at Her Majesty's Pleasure.
    I certainly hope the CPL fail in any attempt they make for England to follow Scotland.
    Cheers, Phil

Quote Originally Posted by rogb View Post
    I've got an infrared ultrasonic cat/fox annoyer on my wall, since it has been going I haven't seen Top Cat and his buddies lurking, makes the local foxes a bit less frequent too. A large decrease of shite too, hope the neighbours who own them are getting it in their yards
    Failing that a massive Super Soaker from the bay item no 231287485620 is fun and effective in keeping the back of the garden well watered

Which ultrasonic cat deterrent? I need one.

Quote Originally Posted by aris View Post
    Which ultrasonic cat deterrent? I need one.
    Rentokil FC78 Cat and Fox Deterrent - if you use a rechargeable 9v it won't cost a bomb in Duracells - lasts a couple of weeks depending on how often it is activated.

Randy Bohannon is offline “Junes1 is a whining bellend”
    Great idea for reducing cat deaths, worked really well they made driving a licensed activity...
    "An infinite number of monkeys banging away at type writers for an infinite period of time will eventually reproduce Hamlet" Thanks to discussion forums we now know this to be untrue.

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Winona Wu View Post
    Great idea for reducing cat deaths, worked really well they made driving a licensed activity...
    No that did not reduce cat deaths, it just made hitting them a skilled job!

Salamander is offline The bbs' most interfered with member
    Quote Originally Posted by Winona Wu View Post
    Indeed.

But if a serious threat to shooters comes along are we going to fight it?--Or prattle on about cats shitting in gardens?

Having once heard some flat-capped old bastard talking about shooting cats in his garden, I have a theory that the cat shooters aren't 'numpties', 'chavs' and 'teenagers' but rather old and middle-aged men with lettuces and gladioli--you know, the sort of obsessively tidy twats who mow stripes on their lawns and clean their cars without fail every Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by gwyn View Post
    Just heard on Classic FM 12 0'clock news,the cats protection league are calling for the licensing of airguns in England,they say there has been a large increase in the reported number of cats having been shot by airguns.
    It would be easy to do as the new Scottish law on licensing of airguns was quoted.
    So look out everyone!
    Who the hell are the Cats Protection League? The cats around here are having a hell of a time killing song birds but I doubt if anyone has even thrown a slipper at them never mind shooting. These guys need to get a life.

A.G

Quote Originally Posted by maz001471 View Post
    Yes, I agree. They can go and do one.
    I have had enough of bieng told what to do and by who.
    If they want a fight then bring it on.
    I totally agree with you. I hope that BASC can clarify what is going on and they are going to do about it, but I won't be holding my breath. If this means that we shooters for once sing from the same hymn sheet and get together to march then so be it. Having read a couple of the posts it seems that some are too willing to surrender without a fight.

A.G