Thread: Call for airgun licencing in England

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Are cats allowed free reign in the UK? The owner has no responsibility for their trespass?

Thinking that the owner fined for the problems associated with their pet may cure this problem faster then new air gun laws.

I can instantly smell when a male cat had urinated in my wife's garden. It's pungent and disgusting. As well as the direct burial of the droppings in her garden.

I've little patience for them, and we are on a farm. No neighbors for quite a distance. Fortunately they are easily captured in a live cage trap and " relocated"

The newly hatched quail pheasant and turkeys appreciate this I'm sure, although they are also clueless about the big picture.

Turnup is offline Dialling code‎: ‎01344
    Quote Originally Posted by JJHACK View Post
    Are cats allowed free reign in the UK? The owner has no responsibility for their trespass?

Thinking that the owner fined for the problems associated with their pet may cure this problem faster then new air gun laws.

I can instantly smell when a male cat had urinated in my wife's garden. It's pungent and disgusting. As well as the direct burial of the droppings in her garden.

I've little patience for them, and we are on a farm. No neighbors for quite a distance. Fortunately they are easily captured in a live cage trap and " relocated"

The newly hatched quail pheasant and turkeys appreciate this I'm sure, although they are also clueless about the big picture.
    Yes, cats are considered "free spirits" and the owner is not held responsible for their actions. (It's far from clear that cats even do have owners)
    True freedom includes the freedom to make mistakes or do foolish things and bear the consequences.
    TANSTAAFL

Quote Originally Posted by JJHACK View Post

There's a farmer in this country that encourages cats on his farm to the point where he actually feeds and maintains them (vets fees etc.) as it works out cheaper to have them around than it does to pay for pest/disease control etc.

The cats take care of the rats, ferals, mice or any other suitably sized vermin species that may present itself to them thus keeping the spread of disease through defication/urination to a minimum, as you've already pointed out they're very efficient when it comes to killing things !...