Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Call for airgun licencing in England

The CPL
    And RSPCA
    Have stated that Licensing airguns will make it easy for the culprits to be traced.
    As in -you have a driving Licence so you did the hit and run.

I actually saw an RSPCA Inspector say this on TV.
    Her interviewer did not challenge this ludicrous statement.

Both probably watched too much CSI.

To be fair

Some pointed questions might be asked about the millions of animals killed every year by said cats. I think a 'Feathered Lives Matter' campaign would work. Check your feline privilege, you vertical slitty-irised devils!

Are cats allowed free reign in the UK? The owner has no responsibility for their trespass?

Thinking that the owner fined for the problems associated with their pet may cure this problem faster then new air gun laws.

I can instantly smell when a male cat had urinated in my wife's garden. It's pungent and disgusting. As well as the direct burial of the droppings in her garden.

I've little patience for them, and we are on a farm. No neighbors for quite a distance. Fortunately they are easily captured in a live cage trap and " relocated"

The newly hatched quail pheasant and turkeys appreciate this I'm sure, although they are also clueless about the big picture.

I can tell You now. I will be keeping My airguns .I will not be buying a license and I will shoot them on My own property when ever I choose too!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by lew07 View Post
    I can tell You now. I will be keeping My airguns .I will not be buying a license and I will shoot them on My own property when ever I choose too!!!!
    The 'Charlton Heston' position?

Which is great until if there is a ban some neighbour hears and reports you and then I wish you the best of luck

Good job you didn't post that on the internet for all to see
    Do nothing, achieve nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Lashenden View Post
    The 'Charlton Heston' position?
    They can have my wig when they peel it from my cold dead head..

The best bit I heard on the end of the BBC item today was the cat protection league speculated that the increase in deaths vs injuries depite overall incidents going down was due to airguns becoming more powerful over the past 20 years???? I must have missed that change in legislation somewhere as the 12 ft/lb limit has been around for ages.

Listen you cat hating morons more songbirds are killed by squirrels than cats so stop fantasising about killing animals that are more loved than you will ever be.
    FWB P8X,Hammerli AP40, Steyr LP1 Walther LPM-1, CPM-1, CP1, CP2, LP3, LP53, LP300, LP400, Terrus, Pardini P10, FX Wildcat .177, HW100 .22, AA S410 .22, BSA R10 MK2 .177, , HW77, 80, 90 BB AK47, S&W 586 and more blow back Co2 BBs than you can shake a stick at

Quote Originally Posted by buttloaves View Post
    They can have my wig when they peel it from my cold dead head..
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by Funnybucker View Post
    Which is great until if there is a ban some neighbour hears and reports you and then I wish you the best of luck
    Nahhh neighbour has one too!!!!

Turnup is offline Dialling code‎: ‎01344
    Quote Originally Posted by JJHACK View Post
    Are cats allowed free reign in the UK? The owner has no responsibility for their trespass?

Thinking that the owner fined for the problems associated with their pet may cure this problem faster then new air gun laws.

I can instantly smell when a male cat had urinated in my wife's garden. It's pungent and disgusting. As well as the direct burial of the droppings in her garden.

I've little patience for them, and we are on a farm. No neighbors for quite a distance. Fortunately they are easily captured in a live cage trap and " relocated"

The newly hatched quail pheasant and turkeys appreciate this I'm sure, although they are also clueless about the big picture.
    Yes, cats are considered "free spirits" and the owner is not held responsible for their actions. (It's far from clear that cats even do have owners)
    True freedom includes the freedom to make mistakes or do foolish things and bear the consequences.
    TANSTAAFL

Quote Originally Posted by Bjacobs571 View Post
    Listen you cat hating morons more songbirds are killed by squirrels than cats so stop fantasising about killing animals that are more loved than you will ever be.
    I think you should chill out we are not cat hating morons we are hunters that use airguns among other guns to do pest control IT is a well known fact that cats do kill more wildlife and song birds they even catch and play with live prey before it usually dies from shock so if you still want to call people "morons" start with cat owners for not fitting bells to their collars Also how can a squirrel take the blame as there are places in this country that don't have squirrels but there will be cats

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    Its a pointless arguement. Its already illegal to shoot cats (on the whole) but the people doing it ignore that law.
    What makes anyone think those same people will take any notice of another law?
    God rest ye jelly mental men