Thread: Pellets, you just never know do you !

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring

Pellets, you just never know do you !

Been plinking away at 6m with a Webley Premier E .22 Cal. And after trying ;
    Crossie Prems, E Wasp 5.5, 5.6, Superdomes, Vintage Defiants, Spitfires and h&n F&TT's, the best pellet for grouping and general accuracy turned out to be.......
    Spitfires !
    Bugger me, would you believe it !
    Well, maybe you would, afterall they are a long time classic pellet and have been with us for a considerable time !
    Still, £6.50 per 500 isn't a bad deal is it !
    “An airgun or two”………

Pellets, you just never know do you !

Hi sometimes the cheaper pellets are better than the more expensive pellets as I have found out through experimenting.

toysteam

Cheap and cheerful but they work.
    Mind you with a Webley pistol next time you try them you will be all over the place again.

Blackrider is offline It don't mean a thing, if it ain't got a Spring
    Beautiful old pistols but my goodness, they're a bugger to shoot accurately !
    “An airgun or two”………

You are not kidding!

Quote Originally Posted by Blackrider View Post
    Been plinking away at 6m with a Webley Premier E .22 Cal. And after trying ;
    Crossie Prems, E Wasp 5.5, 5.6, Superdomes, Vintage Defiants, Spitfires and h&n F&TT's, the best pellet for grouping and general accuracy turned out to be.......
    Spitfires !
    Bugger me, would you believe it !
    Well, maybe you would, afterall they are a long time classic pellet and have been with us for a considerable time !
    Still, £6.50 per 500 isn't a bad deal is it !
    Is that SMK Spitfires? They're £4.90 (22) & £3.80 (177) at our local shop for 500. I'll give them a shot (no pun intended) in my various Webley pistols. Swore I'd never use them again after buying a tin for my HW35, but maybe at the can plinking range of pistols it won't make that much diff,
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.