Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Airgun World July Issue

Quote Originally Posted by JJHACK View Post
    I decided to subscribe to this magazine. I found it is much cheaper to do sending to the USA then having them sent to my South Africa home address.

Yikes..... I don't ever get the things I order in South Africa anyway, everything vanishes! This place is a nightmare for the post. I will end up missing out on some of the issues when I'm in RSA, but they will be back in the USA when I get back to that farm. I do enjoy being able to share my interests on this site with you fine gents every day though!
    You can get a digital version which won't be lost in the post and there is an app.
    She was only an Admiral's daughter but her naval base was full of discharged seamen.

Does it have a pcp on the cover?

I was rather irritated this morning when "Airgun World" arrived in its see through cover. This also happened about 18 months ago and the editor then made a public apology. It's regrettable in my view that the same thing has recurred. I do not want my home address associated with gun ownership of any kind simply for reasons of security. Of course it's not worth getting all worked up about but that said, it would've been reason enough for me not to renew my postal subscription. I'd pick up an occasional copy in the shops instead. Pity I already sent a cheque for another 12 issues only 2 weeks ago. I note "Airgun Shooter" has managed to keep to its grey covers.

I've got an email apology from the editor which says they are investigating the error.
    It didn't unduly concern me to be honest.

Chris

Not bothered in the slightest
    Everyone who knows me knows my hobby including Alan the postman
    nil satis nisi optimum

Hello to All,

Having clearly identifiable contents for magazines related to shooting/shooting sports can be a bit fraught.

Years ago, I used to subscribe to the American publications 'Precision Shooting', 'Tactical Shooter' and 'Accurate Rifle'.

The publishers quickly switched from having 'Precision Shooting Inc' on the envelope, to 'PS Inc' due to subscriber complaints.

However, the damage seemed to have been done as far as me in the UK

Despite the switch to the neutral name, 4 to 6 issues a year of each of these magazines used to disappear into the aether, and in about a dozen cases, the magazines were delivered in a Customs sticker-ed clear plastic bag, with the magazines torn in half. How petty

I complained to Royal Mail, but got nowhere

I switched the subscriptions into my wife's name, and there after all issues arrived safely until 'PS Inc' went to the wall.

Have fun

Best regards

Russ

Quote Originally Posted by Seamaster View Post
    I've got an email apology from the editor which says they are investigating the error.
    It didn't unduly concern me to be honest.

Chris
    Me too, came in overnight. Luckily I live in a village where shooting of any kind isn't frowned upon by most

Quote Originally Posted by MartynB View Post
    ?... Luckily I live in a village where shooting of any kind isn't frowned upon by most
    Bet this village thinks different.
    http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2...tney-hampshire

Quote Originally Posted by where's it gone View Post
    Yes, but surely during those times stated someone must have seen something as would assume the pond has good visibility all around

For the record, chaps, I have alerted our subscriptions manager about the clear polybags and an investigation is under way.

In other news, I have received more emails praising the clear bags than complaining about them. The opaque ones are standard, though, and that's what will be used in the future.

Sorry if it's caused any hassle to anyone, and please keep us informed if this happens again, OK?

All the best.
    If you don't know enough to judge - don't judge

Don't know what all the fuss is about, barr paranoia. Reminds me of individuals that have gunbags disguised as guitar cases. Need to get some cahunahs. Chill,be proud of your hobby you aren't doing anything wrong .

I also think it's a lot of fuss about nothing but everyone has a right to a opinion and will have different reasons for it . I find it more strange that people have contacted the magazine to say how thrilled they were with the transparent bag . I'd advise them to pick their rifle up and get out of the house to shoot it because they've either got too much time on their hands or OCD . It's just a see through plastic bag at the end of the day 😁 .

Quote Originally Posted by longsider View Post
    I also think it's a lot of fuss about nothing but everyone has a right to a opinion and will have different reasons for it . I find it more strange that people have contacted the magazine to say how thrilled they were with the transparent bag . I'd advise them to pick their rifle up and get out of the house to shoot it because they've either got too much time on their hands or OCD . It's just a see through plastic bag at the end of the day 😁 .
    Aye! that's a strange one.Just to add I know shooters that won't have a flick through in the newsagent
    Deciding which shooting mag to buy in case somebody sees that they like guns and shooting.Also folk that actually hide from walkers and such whilst on their shoot...I mean for crying out loud are we shrinking violets or what.Conduct yourselves well and stand tall I say.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Russell View Post
    Yes ... I agree with your sentiments entirely; but if hassle can be avoided by the simple use of the grey bag again, I would suggest a grey bag is used.

Cheers, Phil
    So everyone assumes it's a girly mag

BASC mag comes in a bag with their logo emblazoned on it, no problem with that either.

July Aigun World

I immediately thought "oh goody, the new edition's here - wasn't expecting it yet" Then quite surprised at getting the email apologising for the clear bag - not having had the postal subscription before I didn't know any different.

Read it on the train to London with relish and a modicum of discretion - come back to the sport after 20 year's away - but had my eyes out and senses alert - different kind of world we live in now, pays to be sensitive to your environment...

Good mag, good articles, made the journey fly by - just as it should