Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hw110

Hw110

Any one bought one yet. Had a fondle of one to day in the local RFD.I am not convinced I want or need one after seeing it in the flesh. Not certain on whether the long term durability of the plastic/polymer action etc would hold up under prolonged use. HW must have done many hours of testing if not they are being very bold I don't personally think I would scrimp on a few quid difference I would buy a HW100 it is a proven platform and a bench mark like many of their other guns. Just my thoughts over to you.

Captain Bongo is offline I'm not falling for this again........
    Quote Originally Posted by thumbhole View Post
    Any one bought one yet.

Yes.

Its that good you cannot defend it
    The veridic is then accurate smooth cocking etc etc over to you.

Captain Bongo is offline I'm not falling for this again........
    I don't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Bongo View Post
    I don't like it.
    A well thought out and honest review

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Bongo View Post
    I don't like it.
    I commiserate. What do Weihrauch think they are doing.?

They seem to be be changing many of the stocks of their springers to ambidextrous as well - plus the HW100 sporter. Which isn't good. Not the same cheek weld.

Just how many left handed shooters are there out there?

I suppose it's all about money, and companies do have to make profit and listen to their accountants. But sometimes they can go too far in that direction and lose their reputation.
    Arthur

I wish I was in the land of cotton.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur John Smithsplease View Post
    I commiserate. What do Weihrauch think they are doing.?

They seem to be be changing many of the stocks of their springers to ambidextrous as well - plus the HW100 sporter. Which isn't good. Not the same cheek weld.

I suppose it's all about money, and companies do have to make profit and listen to their accountants. But sometimes they can go too far in that direction and lose their reputation.
    Some people don't like change !!
    Third of shooters are left handed and i can shoot both

Always had HW springers,For me No other springers match them. When I took hold of my Hw100 I can only say I was very disappointed and even now still to many posts about them leaking, Not sure how the future will hold for them in the pcp world. Myself they seem years behind. Just my opinion

You hear more about leaks because it is one of the best selling PCP guns for the last 10 years or so
    All makes have there problems ,BSA still have problems with the r10 and daystate seem to have more problems than any of them and you pay s*** loads for them .
    As for being years behind IMO it's the other way round ,just look at the loading and magazine system . No other PCP has come close to it
    I have two and both behave how the should and deadly accurate and deadly quiet

secretagentmole Guest
    Problem with HW (as many makes) is Quality Assurance, or lack of it.

We have all heard tales of the dreaded corkscrew springs, indeed I have encountered them twice on HW95s. With the PCP you have more points of failure if QC is slack. Weihrauch do seem to be doing their best to spoil the ship for a hape'orth of tar. BY saving a couple of Euros on QC they hope to save millions in the long term, but risk damaging their reputation in the short term.
    Last edited by secretagentmole; 28-05-2016 at 08:12 AM.

The hw100 still one of the best pcp's out there the accuracy will match a £2000 target rifle. I'm going to get a 110 anyway and im really hoping they sorted out the kick or jumping as the hw100 does 4kick a little. I personally don't like spoter stock although they look great but you can't beat a good thumbhole more comfortable and more control imo. Let's wait and see... After 10 year's or so im sure Weihrauch not going to mess
    up.

Regards
    Anwar

Murphy is offline Cooee! Chase me you naughty boys!
    Quote Originally Posted by villaman View Post
    Some people don't like change !!
    Third of shooters are left handed and i can shoot both
    Thats well above the national average.

Where did you find that out ??
    Master Debater

Not seen one in the flesh yet, but can anyone who has one answer a quick question for me please?

How many grub screws secure the barrel into the block? - I'd heard it was only 1 and it was threaded into the plastic block.
    That raises a bit of a concern if it's true. Might just be one of those rumours though.

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    Thats well above the national average.

Where did you find that out ??
    It was in one of the mags i think .
    out of 7 of my mates 4 of us shoot left handed and in the last 7 years i have been shooting right handed after being a lefty for 39 years

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur John Smithsplease View Post
    Me for starters - and I really like those Weihrauch ambi' stocks. And 4 out of 5 of my shooting buddies are southpaws too....