Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: scottish licensing.

scottish licensing.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/711erlg7a0...32555.jpg?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/9736qa5qac...33208.jpg?dl=0

so owners that dont hand them in are irresponsible?

the gold one looks like a brocock .

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/711erlg7a0...32555.jpg?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/9736qa5qac...33208.jpg?dl=0

so owners that dont hand them in are irresponsible?

the gold one looks like a brocock .
    Its a Dan Wesson.

I don't know about irresponsible, but unless they get licensed or send their airguns to Wales or England or abroad, they will be breaking the law after December.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    Its a Dan Wesson.

I don't know about irresponsible, but unless they get licensed or send their airguns to Wales or England or abroad, they will be breaking the law after December.
    how do you work that out? if you get a license ,you can keep them.

license is £72 or £5 if you have sgc and or fac.

I have that glitzy gold pistol.
    But I try not to get my picture in the paper.

Predictably the rifles shown are what we English call a pile of sh*te.
    Probably the only way the owners could get rid of them.

Difficult to say what they are but certainly a few BSA rifles and probably some Milbros. I bet there were 1 or 2 treasures in the pile.
    If they are to be destroyed/recycled it is a waste. They could be given to scout groups or shooting clubs to be used for promoting safe and responsible shooting for junior members. The broken one's could be used for spares.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    I have that glitzy gold pistol.
    But I try not to get my picture in the paper.

Predictably the rifles shown are what we English call a pile of sh*te.
    Probably the only way the owners could get rid of them.
    99% of Scots would agree with you. Looking at the image from the BBC News website Scotland: Tayside/Central suggests some decent stuff/ better standard of sh*te is finding its way to Police stations.

Going by local advertising sites it seems most folk are attempting to sell anything decent, though. And the number of "Wanted" ads for unwanted guns is phenomenal.

Air gun Licence

More information on the AWL is coming out. A sample of the form AWL1 is in this link

Weapons of mass destruction all over again. ''Once we topple 'SADDAM' the world will be so much safer'', tell that to the families who lost loved one's in the name of two men's vanity, the world has never been more dangerous. The streets will be so much safer after we take the airguns away from the law abiding. Of course the criminals will face no such restrictions as that will impinge on there human right to prey on the rest of us. I feel truly sorry for the police in all this, as they will no doubt be set targets in the short term to prove the legislation is working by targeting those who may not be aware of the legislation or resent having to hand over a family heirloom Webley or BSA, or even local gun clubs to make sure everyone has their license.

John
    Law of any kind only affects those willing to abide by it.

Quote Originally Posted by tomk View Post
    More information on the AWL is coming out. A sample of the form AWL1 is in this link
    Looks to me like to shoot an air rifle in Scotland, after reading through AWL1, you have as severe a licence process as obtaining an FAC - GP references, past convictions, referees, where's the difference

Will people seriously go through all this (and the expense) to shoot a cheap low-powered rifle or pistol for fun?

Quote Originally Posted by rogb View Post
    Looks to me like to shoot an air rifle in Scotland, after reading through AWL1, you have as severe a licence process as obtaining an FAC - GP references, past convictions, referees, where's the difference

Will people seriously go through all this (and the expense) to shoot a cheap low-powered rifle or pistol for fun?
    That's the point presumably.

And once the number of people with any interest in or experience of any kind of shooting falls and falls, it becomes easier and easier to impose ever tighter restrictions. Don't imagine that the repeated use of the term "air weapon" is an accident either.

[QUOTE=rogb;7004940]Looks to me like to shoot an air rifle in Scotland, after reading through AWL1, you have as severe a licence process as obtaining an FAC - GP references, past convictions, referees, where's the difference

Will people seriously go through all this (and the expense) to shoot a cheap low-powered rifle or pistol for fun?[/QUOTE

These are weapons of mass destruction my dear friend. Didn't you know?

A.G

Well i predicted a wheelie bin full of old springers for the cameras...close enough i say
    Good deals with.. Ian Tolley,roughshooter,billyboy,LUVGUNS,PINNACLE,TTL Paul,UK Neil,whitevanman574,learningcurve + Sarah,David TS,likom12.Sak,straut.tracker73,chris.e,,Loads more,to many to mention..

Quote Originally Posted by Whistler View Post
    Well i predicted a wheelie bin full of old springers for the cameras...close enough i say
    You were bang on mate.
    Next it will be the convictions in the first quarter of next year and then they will all pat themselves on the back for being so clever.
    I have been using this analogy to describe my distrust and misunderstanding of the new law.

Hypothetically:
    I live in a row of three houses at the right. I have guns and a license and keep them all safely. Some of my neighbours know these facts.
    My opposite neighbour on the left has guns. Stashed under the bed off license. Nobody knows about them.
    The poor old cat lady in the middle has no guns but about 30 cats.
    Knobend on the left pops a few pussies.
    Cat lady in the middle calls everyone and anyone who'll listen including the cops, rspca, cats protection and the local rag.
    Whose door do the cops, animal rights activists, and reporters chap?

Im feeling a bit unfairly treated and i still havent looked at this awl1 thing yet!!!!
    Donald

Salamander is offline The bbs' most interfered with member
    A lot of stuff I've read suggested shooting in the back garden wouldn't be allowed. TomK's link to the application forms shows that a reason for possession is shooting in a 'safe environment at home.' That at least should enable a lot more Scots to keep hold of their guns.

Quote Originally Posted by thisisdonald View Post
    You were bang on mate.
    Next it will be the convictions in the first quarter of next year and then they will all pat themselves on the back for being so clever.
    I have been using this analogy to describe my distrust and misunderstanding of the new law.

Hypothetically:
    I live in a row of three houses at the right. I have guns and a license and keep them all safely. Some of my neighbours know these facts.
    My opposite neighbour on the left has guns. Stashed under the bed off license. Nobody knows about them.
    The poor old cat lady in the middle has no guns but about 30 cats.
    Knobend on the left pops a few pussies.
    Cat lady in the middle calls everyone and anyone who'll listen including the cops, rspca, cats protection and the local rag.
    Whose door do the cops, animal rights activists, and reporters chap?

Im feeling a bit unfairly treated and i still havent looked at this awl1 thing yet!!!!

That's what would happen ...They confiscated the neds rifles when they found them while serving a search warrant anyway, it's the only way they will find them, because they will never hand them in !!....I cant justify having my one tuned springer now, only brought out for the more persistant tree rat on my feeders...So i am humped....just pisses me of, the more i think about it mate
    Good deals with.. Ian Tolley,roughshooter,billyboy,LUVGUNS,PINNACLE,TTL Paul,UK Neil,whitevanman574,learningcurve + Sarah,David TS,likom12.Sak,straut.tracker73,chris.e,,Loads more,to many to mention..