Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hw110

Quote Originally Posted by rabbitwrecker View Post
    Me for starters - and I really like those Weihrauch ambi' stocks. And 4 out of 5 of my shooting buddies are southpaws too....
    Just shows you how many are , probably more than a third

Quote Originally Posted by villaman View Post
    Just shows you how many are , probably more than a third
    And I'll stick my neck out and say that lefties are generally pretty good shots too. The best (air rifle) shooter that I know can flip 2p coins and hit them mid-air using an open-sighted HW30s. I was watching him the other day - he hits about 9 out of 10. He's a southpaw....

Quote Originally Posted by rabbitwrecker View Post
    And I'll stick my neck out and say that lefties are generally pretty good shots too. The best (air rifle) shooter that I know can flip 2p coins and hit them mid-air using an open-sighted HW30s. I was watching him the other day - he hits about 9 out of 10. He's a southpaw....

This I would like to see, where is the you tube clip?

There isn't one - yet....

Quote Originally Posted by madcarlos View Post
    Always had HW springers,For me No other springers match them. When I took hold of my Hw100 I can only say I was very disappointed and even now still to many posts about them leaking, Not sure how the future will hold for them in the pcp world. Myself they seem years behind. Just my opinion
    Behind what or whom? I am not a fan of their new 110 either but TBH I just don't like a black gun. The 100 is a solid reliable gun.

A.G

Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post
    Behind what or whom? I am not a fan of their new 110 either but TBH I just don't like a black gun. The 100 is a solid reliable gun.

A.G
    The hw100 is indeed solid and reliable and as other makes suffer with their problems. I had a 22 cal hw100 and what put me off was the distance I was getting in this cal , Over the Skan it was shooting at 11.4 compared to my huntsman classic which was shooting at just over 10 ft lbs but for some reason the huntsman seemed to leave it behind after about 35 yards shooting distance, Also found the variance on cold mornings to affect the hw100 more than my other pcp guns. Even though I did not get on with the gun in this cal it has always been on the back of my mind to try a 177 cal hw100, Thing for me now is I only use buddy bottle guns as I need the shot count so the 100 is out of the question. I may have had a different outlook in 177 cal but as said above it did not quite perform like my other pcp guns at that time. This is my opinion on the hw100 and I could only compare it to the guns I had back then. maybe as a hw fan I was just expecting a little to much from the gun. No doubt some of the guns I have now people may not get on with like me with the hw100, It just wasn't for me.

secretagentmole Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by madcarlos View Post
    The hw100 is indeed solid and reliable and as other makes suffer with their problems. I had a 22 cal hw100 and what put me off was the distance I was getting in this cal , Over the Skan it was shooting at 11.4 compared to my huntsman classic which was shooting at just over 10 ft lbs but for some reason the huntsman seemed to leave it behind after about 35 yards shooting distance, Also found the variance on cold mornings to affect the hw100 more than my other pcp guns. Even though I did not get on with the gun in this cal it has always been on the back of my mind to try a 177 cal hw100, Thing for me now is I only use buddy bottle guns as I need the shot count so the 100 is out of the question. I may have had a different outlook in 177 cal but as said above it did not quite perform like my other pcp guns at that time. This is my opinion on the hw100 and I could only compare it to the guns I had back then. maybe as a hw fan I was just expecting a little to much from the gun. No doubt some of the guns I have now people may not get on with like me with the hw100, It just wasn't for me.
    My HW 100 .177 rifle, from a full fill produces 10 magazines worth of shots, there are 14 shots per magazine...

Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post
    My HW 100 .177 rifle, from a full fill produces 10 magazines worth of shots, there are 14 shots per magazine...
    Mine is the .177 carbine which by definition is not as efficient as the full length versions. I have recently tweaked the regulator and the hammer pressure and from the 100 cc bottle I can get 70 full power ( 11.5 ft.lbs ) shots down to 90 bar. I get another 10 or so shots till it hits 80 which is the limit of the regulator working I think. The last 10 shots are about 10~15 ft/s lower than the full power shots. I think that for such a small bottle it is very efficient. Before the regulator tweak I was getting around 55 full poser shots. The gentleman mentioned the reduction of power on very cold mornings. This is mainly due to the thick grease that is pumped into the hammer release and shuttle mechanism. A good wash down with Nappier Air Gun oil will get rid of this and make the gun more consistent.

Regards,

A.G

I may in time try a 177 cal hw100 the quick fill may be more appealing now aswell.

Our local RFD sold all of his allocated delivery. But had one back as the guy could not get on with it.