Thread: Factual air cylinder postage information please :)

Question Factual air cylinder postage information please :)

I'm thinking of buying an air cylinder privately but unsure if postage company etc...., now I know this has been covered in here loads & I have searched it but all I seem to read is people arguing about what's right, what they've always done, what's wrong and who's right over who .....

So in some ways I don't want to start another heated debate on the subject, I'd just like cold hard fact & experience of boating buddy bottles or air cylinders please..
    Thanks all,
    I'd like to know what company and service its OK to post a compressed bottle with, does it need to be empty? Etc etc... And the approximate costs.
    Thanks all Rhys
    "corners should be round" Theo Evo .22/.177 - Meopta 6x42, DS huntsman classic .20 vortex razor LH 3-15x42 under supervised boingrati tuning by Tony L & Tinbum, HW77 forest green - Nikon prostaff 2-7x32 plex.

I have sold a couple of 12litre cylinders over the past 3 years. The last one the buyer arranged a courier to pick it up...Now i am not a 100% sure of who his courier was, but it was not Yodel, but strangely enough, Yodel picked it up..i know sounds weird....anyway yodel took it of me at about 3.30pm...and the guy had it in Wales for 11am....So was pretty quick, now i know the goal posts get moved all the time with regards to pressured containers, even when empty...but just double check....pretty sure his courier was Parcels to Go, maybe yodel help them out, not sure about that one...
    Good deals with.. Ian Tolley,roughshooter,billyboy,LUVGUNS,PINNACLE,TTL Paul,UK Neil,whitevanman574,learningcurve + Sarah,David TS,likom12.Sak,straut.tracker73,chris.e,,Loads more,to many to mention..

Hi, Do not send them through Royal Mail or Parcelforce even when empty they are still classed by both as a pressurized cylinder and they are likely to confiscate them and destroy them. I would check with the courier company's like parcel pete aka uk mail or some of the others if you have to mail them but it would pay to check with them first.