Thread: BKL mounts - lateral movement

BKL mounts - lateral movement

Ha anyone experienced lateral movement of the scope with BKL mounts? When sitting the scope in the lower cradles there is some lateral movement apparent, this disappears when top straps are fitted, but I wondered if this contributed to crossover? Or does the act of fitting the top straps stabilise the whole thing bringing it into alignment?

BKL mounts - lateral movement

Hi p.j.,

I have three of the 6-bolt BKL mounts on magnum, i.e. FAC equivalent, spring air rifles as well as one Beeman-Theoben [HW] ram in .177, .20 and .25. I have not encountered any issues of any kind - except my own inconsistency.

Jim

Garibaldi, Victoria, Australia

Quote Originally Posted by p.j. View Post
    Ha anyone experienced lateral movement of the scope with BKL mounts? When sitting the scope in the lower cradles there is some lateral movement apparent, this disappears when top straps are fitted, but I wondered if this contributed to crossover? Or does the act of fitting the top straps stabilise the whole thing bringing it into alignment?
    Sounds like your scope's tube may be slightly crushed.

p.j.,

I have and use two (2) BKL mounts - one one piece (30mm), and one two-piece (1"), and they, for me, have performed flawlessly.

In fact they have performed just as well as my scalpingly priced Apel mounts

Have fun & a good weekend

Best regards

Russ