Thread: FWB Sport Trigger

FWB Sport Trigger

Hi Guys

Having played with the new toy, I was wondering if the pull is 2 stage or single stage - it is hard to predict where it goes off currently

Haven't tried to adjust anything as yet, thought I'd ask first

Martyn

Quote Originally Posted by MartynB View Post
    Hi Guys

Having played with the new toy, I was wondering if the pull is 2 stage or single stage - it is hard to predict where it goes off currently

Haven't tried to adjust anything as yet, thought I'd ask first

Martyn
    hello martyn, the trigger should have a 2 stage feel to it so needs adjustment by the screw on the base of the trigger blade.sounds like the screw is screwed too far out.this results in the trigger only being a single stage and the unpredictable feel to it.try turning the screw in a bit at a time and see what happens.i think the second stage should return by doing this.i haven't adjusted mine in a while so hope my memory serves me well.try it and let us know. atb

Quote Originally Posted by isobar View Post
    hello martyn, the trigger should have a 2 stage feel to it so needs adjustment by the screw on the base of the trigger blade.sounds like the screw is screwed too far out.this results in the trigger only being a single stage and the unpredictable feel to it.try turning the screw in a bit at a time and see what happens.i think the second stage should return by doing this.i haven't adjusted mine in a while so hope my memory serves me well.try it and let us know. atb
    Thanks for this, I had a Mk1 in the later part of 70's and seem to recall it being two stage and predictable. I'll do some digging on the 'net and see if I can get a diagram of how it works

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    I had a Sport which did this, the problem is that the small coil spring which fits between a small post on the trigger mech and a tab on the safety had got kinked and was no longer pressing the sear into full engagement with the bent. The trigger can be unsafe. Get a new triffer spring, strip the rifle and replace it, making sure the tab and the pillar are not damaged. May even be worth making a tiny guide for it.

FWB Sport Trigger

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    I had a Sport which did this, the problem is that the small coil spring which fits between a small post on the trigger mech and a tab on the safety had got kinked and was no longer pressing the sear into full engagement with the bent. The trigger can be unsafe. Get a new triffer spring, strip the rifle and replace it, making sure the tab and the pillar are not damaged. May even be worth making a tiny guide for it.
    - This is the correct answer.