Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Importing an airgun barrel from the US!

Question Importing an airgun barrel from the US!

Is it a good idea to import a airgun barrel from the US? Or should I just pay >double the price (after shipment to RFD) and get it from the UK?

Pretty daft idea really. To try to circumvent the firearms laws of this country by importing a rifled gun barrel from the USA to your home adress is just asking for jail time. Think about it!!

Quote Originally Posted by countryboy View Post
    Pretty daft idea really. To try to circumvent the firearms laws of this country by importing a rifled gun barrel from the USA to your home adress is just asking for jail time. Think about it!!
    So you cant buy a airgun barrel in the UK ? is it against UK firearms law to buy a barrel?

Barrel

Its not legal for a dealer to post within the UK unless its to another dealer. You can get it direct from within the EU, for example here, http://www.versandhaus-schneider.de/...ducts_id/34914

I very much doubt they'd send you one from the States anyway...

Why would it be illegal when u can buy a full air rifle from the USA as long as the power is set right ??? How many r.a.w air guns are used at hft meets in this country. There's people making a living exporting them to the uk from USA all above board and legal u pay the duty tho so might not work out as cheap u think no one lad who ended up paying double for a kalibrgun colibri from the USA . Make more sense to buy from the eu befor the Brexit

http://airgunexporter.com/in-stock/

How many crosman nuts but there bits from USA I bet 99% of them
    Last edited by dave goodall; 28-05-2016 at 07:37 PM.

You would be accepting delivery of a part designed to fit a rifle. You are welcome to explain to the authorities that is is to be used for an sub 12ft/lb airgun and not for some illegal purpose. But is it worth the hassle. I understand homeland security are allowed to use cattle prods in suspected terrorist interviews. Unfortunately the Internet has opened up a whole can of worms that undermines the ability of uk gun regs, making it far too easy to obtain weapons and parts that current legislation did not account for,by people who would not normally be able to obtain them in uk.

Quote Originally Posted by qyuubi786 View Post
    Is it a good idea to import a airgun barrel from the US? Or should I just pay >double the price (after shipment to RFD) and get it from the UK?
    Sorry but this is a daft idea. If you must, then source one here and have it sent to an RFD, or import them from within the EU which is not against the law.

A.G

Hmm thought as much. I might as well buy an actual rifle, use the barrel and just keep the rest of the rifle as spares.

I don't see an issue with buying an airgun barrel fromUSA if priced right? I bought a Lothar for my Crosman, half the price here. Shipped and marked for customs and arrived fine in the post

Exactly would love to know where its wrote it's illegal to purchase from USA don't hide what your buying and you have no issues the only issue is if you get hit with duty tax . As stated earlier they thousands of crosman nuts on uk forums 99% them buy the ratty bits fom states . Know lads of lads wat have imported raw edguns crickets and Vulcan from USA none have had there doors kicked in by the FBI yet all guns have been checked by customs on leaving USA and entering here. Knw lads what have also sent there guns to USA for TUNNING also to both David slade and Martin Rutherford of Theoben USA ie rapid air weapons

It's not a 'daft' idea per se; there are many good reasons to import any kind of barrel from the US. The problem is, as another poster mentioned, recent US 'homeland security" legislation. There's now so much paperwork for the exporter to fill out when exporting a barrel that it usually adds around $500 to the cost of purchase. And neither US nor UK customs are likely to give anyone the benefit of the doubt as to whether the barrel is intended for an airgun.

Bear in mind, please

that many aftermarket barrels mentioned on the US Forums (Forii ) are actually made for rimfires ('Green Mountain' etc) -

how does the colour (color!) ORANGE suit your complexion ?

Because the Dept. of Homeland Security have a small offshore Holiday just ready for you...

Gitmo Bay - Orange Boilersuit.

Quote Originally Posted by qyuubi786 View Post
    If you can find a company that's willing to send you one then go ahead but there is some sort of rule on gun parts over a set price ($100 ?) which is why some Boyds stocks are now non export.

If the supplier knows what's what & has the export licence it will be marked as an airgun barrel so there should be no trouble from customs, except paying duty on it.

Get it from Europe where the free movement of goods rule takes precedent, apparently. I got an HW80 from Holland last Xmas so you should be OK for what is effectively a metal pipe, regardless of what it's machined to fit.
    Unless it's designed to fit a real gun, in which case it's a fire arms components, & more rules apply.

Great firearms legislation we've got in this country.