Thread: bsa id please

bsa id please

just picked up this bsa.its a wreck but would like a id as I wont sleep till I find out.. its halfe square barrel 1.77 cal H Lincoln air rifle barrel.. on stock. 121 steel house lane Birmingham logo on stock looks like a man with a gun. its break barrel cocking and push pin lock.got picks but cant put them up as normal hope you can help thanks dave.

Quote Originally Posted by fiatdoblo View Post
    just picked up this bsa.its a wreck but would like a id as I wont sleep till I find out.. its halfe square barrel 1.77 cal H Lincoln air rifle barrel.. on stock. 121 steel house lane Birmingham logo on stock looks like a man with a gun. its break barrel cocking and push pin lock.got picks but cant put them up as normal hope you can help thanks dave.

An expert will be along soon Dave.

Are you sure it is a BSA? It sounds a bit like a Milita to me and Mr LJ did sell all sorts of rifles with that address on the stocks, including GEMS

Come on the experts, shoot me down

Sods Law

About the only rifle that I can't find on here -

http://www.network54.com/Forum/681456

I'd concur with Binners, as referring to Hillers "Collectors Guide to Air rifles", the Milita push button barrel release break action Air rifles were found with the Barrels marked up as "H The Lincoln Air Rifle" and the Stocks as "Lincoln Jeffries 121 Steelhouse Lane, Birmingham".

Vic T

edbear2 Guest
    As Binner's says for me, this sort of thing is it? (I image searched Militia side button);

http://s1334.photobucket.com/user/pr...67d58.jpg.html

In those early days everybody and their dog was importing German rifles and either just stamping their retailer's name on them and passing them off as British, or in LJ's case I have read he did try at least to improve them in various ways before he gave up flogging a dead horse and invented the tap loader guns.

ATB, Ed

Look at Me go

Never had two people agree with me before! (puffs out chest)

bsa id

back again binners you could be right. the barrel looks like a milita whats confused me is the Lincoln h on the barrel and on the stock. also the logo is the logo of a shooter got some pics if one of the members can host them for me thanks dave

micky2 is offline The collector formerly known as micky
    Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    Never had two people agree with me before! (puffs out chest)
    Better make that 3 Pete, it is a Millita l have one with the same LJ markings on it, they were made in Germany and he used one of them for his early prototype underleaver.

milita

thanks all its a milita in the bin dave

Was shown one the other day down our local gun shop, exactly as described. Looking just like a milita, hex barrel etc, but the cylinder and stock marked LJ.

So little value???