Thread: Anschutz 335 valuation please

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post
    The Annie 335 was always considered as a .177; well thats how I saw it as a boy. The .22 if you must, but that was always a throwback to open sights and muskets.
    I think the 335, if you fitted it with a parachute seal conversion, should be a HW99-type perfect size for 12 fpe. A .22 would give softer recoil in this light rifle and with the famous choked 'shutz barrel, should be extremely accurate.

I have a vgc .22 and it does exactly what you say Hsing.
    Not modded as far as I am aware.

Hello. Sorry to jump on an old thread. I've just been offered a 335 with the foresight missing down on the south coast. Good condition and running at 8ft lbs. I wondered if was vy coincidence it was the same gun.

I bought one in 177 from a gunsmith over a year ago for about £230 (if I can recall), with its sights intact. Ok, this was a little above the price range on this site but it was from a gunsmith and, moreover, these rifles do not come up regularly. I was therefore content to pay a little over the odds for a good workable model in very good condition.

Mine is a Mk1. The Mk2 has the cocking bolt at an angle to the barrel, whereas on the Mk1, it is parallel to the barrel. I do not know if the difference is of any significance in use. Others here might advise.

The other difference was with the sights, where the Mk 2 rear sight introduced a wheel instead of the sliding scale.

I wonder what pellets, for 177, owners prefer?

Kind rgds
    A