Thread: Anschutz 335 valuation please

Anschutz 335 valuation please

Despite promising myself not to go looking for air rifles I keep stumbling on them and am getting tempted to purchase.

The latest one is an Anschutz 335 in .22". It is missing the foresight but other than that it looks to be a good honest example for shooting rather than shutting away in a collection (couple of scratches on the stock etc.)

I have given myself this week to consider whether to go for it. If I am lucky it will have sold by then, if not I doubt I can resist

So if it is still there and the welds look ok once I take the stock off what is a fair price for a shooter in "good" condition rather than pristine?

I have an idea but would appreciate a collective view.

Thanks
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    I think I would pay about £108 for it as it is incomplete and the foresight for one of those is not going to be easy to find. Lovely little rifle though.

About £140 gets a nice example. Absolutely mint then a mint premium.

Very capable rifles and accurate. They shoot at about 10.5 ft/lbs which for farmyard ranges is ample. I enjoy my example and wouldn't part with it.

Thanks chaps. A little bit over £100 was my thinking but I am not sure I will get it for that? I can't help but think it will make a great stable mate for my early HW80 and Webley Omega, both in the manly calibre too

I seem to be unconsciously amassing quality springers from when I was a boy!
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

The Annie 335 was always considered as a .177; well thats how I saw it as a boy. The .22 if you must, but that was always a throwback to open sights and muskets.

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by Muskett View Post
    The Annie 335 was always considered as a .177; well thats how I saw it as a boy. The .22 if you must, but that was always a throwback to open sights and muskets.
    I think the 335, if you fitted it with a parachute seal conversion, should be a HW99-type perfect size for 12 fpe. A .22 would give softer recoil in this light rifle and with the famous choked 'shutz barrel, should be extremely accurate.

I have a vgc .22 and it does exactly what you say Hsing.
    Not modded as far as I am aware.

Hello. Sorry to jump on an old thread. I've just been offered a 335 with the foresight missing down on the south coast. Good condition and running at 8ft lbs. I wondered if was vy coincidence it was the same gun.

I bought one in 177 from a gunsmith over a year ago for about £230 (if I can recall), with its sights intact. Ok, this was a little above the price range on this site but it was from a gunsmith and, moreover, these rifles do not come up regularly. I was therefore content to pay a little over the odds for a good workable model in very good condition.

Mine is a Mk1. The Mk2 has the cocking bolt at an angle to the barrel, whereas on the Mk1, it is parallel to the barrel. I do not know if the difference is of any significance in use. Others here might advise.

The other difference was with the sights, where the Mk 2 rear sight introduced a wheel instead of the sliding scale.

I wonder what pellets, for 177, owners prefer?

Kind rgds
    A