Thread: Help with Haenel 49a

Help with Haenel 49a

I had to take a new acquisition apart in order to lubricate the piston washer but am having difficulties with reassembly.

Having put the rifle back together, it now fails to cock. The parts look to have been reassembled correctly when I look at photos such as these

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=i&rc...64618312678670

but clearly, I have done something wrong

Strange thing is the rifle will cock if I pull the trigger during the cocking process and then releases if I push the trigger forward (under control). It seems to be working backwards I'm confused as I did not remove the trigger or sear, so could not have inadvertently reversed one of these vital parts.

Could it be the piston has to go back in a certain way so that specific faces line up?

Anyone had one to bits recently,

Thanks all,

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

Haenel 49a

You have got mail.

---------------------------
    Frank

Sussed it!

For anyone else who experiences a similar situation, check the horizontal screw in front of the trigger blade, which is locked into place with a nut and pushes the trigger blade far enough back for the sear to engage with the piston.

The screw looks like the trigger adjuster on a Mk 1 Airsporter/Club but appears to have a different function on the Haenel. When I initially reassembled the 49a, I did not thread the screw in far enough before locking it up with the nut. Ideally it should sit with the nut almost flush with the front of its mounting block. I have even seen the nut placed on the other side of the horizontal screw, as here: http://www.co2air.de/wbb2/attachment...chmentid=42786

My thanks to Josie who questioned the screw's position and who was initially told that can't be the problem by me assuming it served the same function as the adjuster on the BSA!

Thanks also to those who took the trouble to PM/Email me with suggestions and offers to take their models apart.

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.