Thread: Well worth a look!

Well worth a look!

Go to Ujay's Sheridan website and scroll down to to an article by Dave Trull on the subject of post-war air guns- in the USA.A good read and it pulls a lot of threads together!Trev

Maybe a page on S&W as well?
    Last edited by trevor1; 30-05-2016 at 10:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by trevor1 View Post
    Go to Ujay's Sheridan website and scroll down to to an article by Dave Trull on the subject of post-war air guns- in the USA.A good read and it pulls a lot of threads together!Trev

PS When I say 'as' I mean 'a'!
    Hi Trev,

Many thanks for posting this very useful link.

Regards

Brian

"The Goodenow produced Plainsmans appear to be superior in construction and have better stocks..."

Goodenow moved production from California to Pennsylvania. The "better stocks" are distinctive since they were made of walnut.

Schimel, another California company, should be included as an innovative producer.

The Rochester/Kessler design was innovative in that it used a ball bearing as a valve (same with Sheridan A/B.) The change from the Rochester to the Kessler design changeover was distinctive in that the Kessler was a full stocked design instead of the Rochester which mimicked the old Crosman model 101 design. Other than that, Kessler used the exact same internal design.

In the years 1923-1925, Crosman was highly innovative with new designs which, by 1925, established the classic American multi pump pneumatic design still seen today.

Quote Originally Posted by trevor1 View Post

PS When I say 'as' I mean 'a'!
    I think Dave Trull was getting just a bit peckish at the end of writing that article - "The only difference between the two steaks....." ( next to last line). :

Great article, I've downloaded it for future reference.
    Without this and Dean's informative books, a lot of vital information would be lost to us.

ATB
    Eric
    Demic, miserable, grumpy old git! Feinwerkbau Sport Appreciation Society.
    I don't mind what sexual, religious or political persuasion you are, just don't impose them on me!!