Thread: Original Diana 27

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration

Original Diana 27

Has anyone got one of these rifles, what are they like? Much loved in the USA, when they were available in the Uk I can't remember anyone buying one. They would be after the Original Diana 35 or the 'powerful-looking' Original Diana 50. It was too expensive for a youth rifle like a Meteor (or was it?) and appeared not powerful enough for hunting, and too basic for target shooting, so I suppose few people bought one.

One of the most popular rifles when i was a teenager in the 60's. I get a few coming through for repair now.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

And there was me, thinking you were on about the 'pre-war' Model 27. Beautiful rifles....

Cheers, Phil

The Original version is post war,then the Milbro version.

IIRC in the '60s we used to put Original 27 springs into BSA Meteors as replacements, and they increased the Meteor's power appreciably..
    ...history... is, indeed, little more than the register of the crimes, follies, and misfortunes of mankind. (Edward Gibbon: Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire)

I remember feeling envious of a school mate and his Original Diana break barrel,his dad,a staff sergeant in the army had brought it back from Germany.

Compared to my Slavia it looked and shot like a Rolls Royce,that little gun cost me all of £7-50 brand new,quite a sum when your only income is a paper round paying £1-70 a week.