Thread: BSA Spitfire Advice.

BSA Spitfire Advice.

Hi guys, I have a .177 BSA Spitfire with a long barrel, I put on a sound mod from another Spitfire which just made it longer!! A very kind BBS member has offered to reduce and crown this barrel, but what length would you reccomend?
    Thanks Paul
    PS does anyone have a .25 Spifire or .25 barrel to fit one of these?

I have a .25 Spitfire HF Carbine bought new ( the original SF model lasted me a week and leaked like a sieve so I took it back to the shop - SFS and had the HF which I have had ever since )

I also have a spare .22 carbine Spitfire barrel (somewhere ) but they are fairly short.

What are you trying to achieve ?

spitfire

I have a .177 with an 18" barrel and my .22's are both 16",if that's any help.

The Spitfire takes a standard BSA barrel which also fits springers. When you fit a different length barrel you can get the power output correct by turning the little allen screw in the back of the action. Its best to have a longer barrel as you will use less air per shot to get your 11 ft lb.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Spitfire

Thanks guys for the information, I do also have a .22 with a carbine barrel so I think the .177 will end up the same length. I still would like a .25, would make a nice threesome!
    Regards Paul