Thread: Sunshades on longer allowed in ukahft rules

Sunshades on longer allowed in ukahft rules

Sorry if this has already been discussed but I couldn't find a thread when I searched. So :-
    I recently heard that windicators are now allowed but sunshades are now not allowed? I looked on the ukahft rules 2016 and I have to say it looks like that is the case it's even highlighted in red. Perhaps you well informed folks can throw some light on the situation?
    If so there's going to be a glut of sunshades on sale

"The objective & ocular aperture of the scope must be left as it was manufactured and can not be reduced in any way, this includes sunshades. Flip up scope caps must always be in an open position when taking a shot & any holes in the caps taped up while shooting the course."

Reduced
    , is the key word. I have shoot a few ukahft comps & nothing has been said about sunshades. has long as they are not reduced somehow you will be fine.

Thanks for that. I thought it strange that a standard sunshade would be banned from competition. My rifle has a silver barrel and in some conditions sunlight glares into the Scope whiting it out so I'm pleased to be able to continue to use my shade.
    Cheers again

glad to help out ( just hope I am right ). I will ask one of the 2 Petes soon to double check what I think is right,,,,, all the best for now.
    if normal size sunshades ever did get banned for what ever reason then sun glasses sales would go up ! there is more bling bling on some rifles then on mister t