Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: BSA Airsporter into a Stutzen stock

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by DEAN C. View Post

It is unlikely anyone would try and forge papers for a none standard gun thats probably worth the same as the other equivalent special models.
    You'll be surprised what some people do for money, in the past trying to forge paperwork would have been really difficult but with todays internet search facilities and cut and past and home laser printers it's even easier, if it means someone could make an extra £100 on a rifle then it may well happen.

I've known people who will sell their own granny to make a few quid to fund a drinking or drug habit, not saying the person with the rifle is a druggy or desperate for cash or dishonest, it just seems a bit strange.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Just a heads up really, on Knibbs I stumbled across a replacement Centenary stock, & the stock is in stock. He wants £125 notes for it, which is steep, but it's walnut & rosewood so maybe not too bad - & they do look nice. Apparently suitable for Mk6/7 actions.
    http://www.airgunspares.com/store/pr...t-No.-16-4662/

Airsporterman is offline Makes Scrooge look Happy and Generous!
    Moving target, nr Blyth, God's Northumberland
    Quote Originally Posted by oliver13 View Post
    Just a heads up really, on Knibbs I stumbled across a replacement Centenary stock, & the stock is in stock. He wants £125 notes for it, which is steep, but it's walnut & rosewood so maybe not too bad - & they do look nice. Apparently suitable for Mk6/7 actions.
    http://www.airgunspares.com/store/pr...t-No.-16-4662/
    Yes mate, I agree on the face of it, it's expensive, however, when you consider how much it would cost for the raw wood blank (Walnut) and then the cost to get it made up or time making it yourself and it begins to look a bit of a bargain?
    Of course, there would probably be some 'refinishing' to do!

Brexit!
    ASM
    I am a Man of La Northumberlandia, a true Knight and spend my days on my Quest (my duty nay privilege!) and fighting dragons and unbeatable foe, to right the unrightable wrongs, to bear with unbearable sorrow and dreaming my impossible dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by Airsporterman View Post
    Yes mate, I agree on the face of it, it's expensive, however, when you consider how much it would cost for the raw wood blank (Walnut) and then the cost to get it made up or time making it yourself and it begins to look a bit of a bargain?
    Of course, there would probably be some 'refinishing' to do!

Brexit!
    ASM
    If I had the cash to hand, I'd get it. No question it's nice & as you say, it would cost a bob or two just for the raw materials.

Quote Originally Posted by oliver13 View Post
    If I had the cash to hand, I'd get it. No question it's nice & as you say, it would cost a bob or two just for the raw materials.
    Walnut blanks, depending upon the quality of the wood and the grain pattern can cost anything from £50 - £1000 or more, just for the raw rough blank.

I have looked at making a special one off stock for a Mk1 Airsporter for a few years but the cost and obtaining a suitable blank has always been the problem.
    It's an Irony, I once scratch made a traditional carpenters tool box all fitted out in exchange for a walnut blank - then left it at work once I had left!!! dumb or what?

The walnut used in the manufacture of the original BSA Centenary stocks will not even be medium grade quality, but it will still be fairly decent - the stock on my own is fairly decent but nothing 'special' ,it is nice!

Brexit!
    ASM
    I am a Man of La Northumberlandia, a true Knight and spend my days on my Quest (my duty nay privilege!) and fighting dragons and unbeatable foe, to right the unrightable wrongs, to bear with unbearable sorrow and dreaming my impossible dreams.

Stutzen

There is a stutzen on bid spotter at the minute fetching a decent price they were a rifle built for the game fair at tattoo park in 1992 if i am correct

Quote Originally Posted by Airsporterman View Post
    Walnut blanks, depending upon the quality of the wood and the grain pattern can cost anything from £50 - £1000 or more, just for the raw rough blank.

I have looked at making a special one off stock for a Mk1 Airsporter for a few years but the cost and obtaining a suitable blank has always been the problem.
    It's an Irony, I once scratch made a traditional carpenters tool box all fitted out in exchange for a walnut blank - then left it at work once I had left!!! dumb or what?

The walnut used in the manufacture of the original BSA Centenary stocks will not even be medium grade quality, but it will still be fairly decent - the stock on my own is fairly decent but nothing 'special' ,it is nice!

Brexit!
    ASM
    The blank for a walnut airgun stock is typically about £10 even for a "custom" job.
    A man can always use more alcohol, tobacco and firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardH View Post
    The blank for a walnut airgun stock is typically about £10 even for a "custom" job.
    Please tell me where, I could use a couple - I just end up going around in circles and leads turn to nothing!
    (£10 probably wouldn't even cover the postage)

ASM
    Brexit voter and proud British citizen (once more)