Thread: Armsan Cre8 28b semi-auto.

Armsan Cre8 28b semi-auto.

I have always been fond of Semi-Autos and recently started yearning for a 28b version. As a long term Remington 1100 fan I looked at a few of these in 28b, but found them nearly as heavy as my 12b version. I liked the look of the Benelli 28b but waaaay to much money so settled on an Armsan Cre8 after reading a review in Shooting Sports magazine a while back.

I found one at a good price on another forum - not far off half the new price, that was virtually as new. It has a couple of tiny marks but I've seen worse on new guns in shops. The good thing was the gentleman selling the gun told me he had some cartridges for it - when I went to meet him to buy it I found it was literally a bucketful - over 350 in all valued at around £90. Taking these into account the gun alone actually cost me less than £200 - what a bargain.

So far I've only fired a few shots through it but it seems to cycle Gamebore 16g Pure Gold Fibre wads OK, although as you'd expect doesn't throw them very far. It throws the Gamebore 28g Pure Golds much further! It appears quite well made for the money - maybe not quite as nice as a Benelli but shed-loads better than a Hatsan, weighs only 5.5lb and seems to handle very well. I can see this quickly becoming my 'go-to' gun for pretty much everything - for the money I would highly recommend it.

Cre8

Very underrated shotgun, as is most of the Armsan range.

Quite agree, first blood to it the other day, a crossing magpie at about 50yds - 1/2 choke 28gms of 5's. Pushing the envelope I know but thought it was worth it to save some songbird fledglings - who needs a 12bore, I'm now sold on this little 28bore!