Thread: First Pistol Choice

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    tufty is offline I wondered how that worked..
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluenose75 View Post
    Some great advice folks, much appreciated any clues were in the midlands I can handle the different makes, struggling to find a high street shop?
    I believe the NSRA have a shop at Aldersley range,if you google the West Midlands Regional Shooting Centre,you can see their details,it's in Wolverhampton.Id give them a ring first to see what they have in stock,I've never been there myself,but the NSRA shop at Bisley is pretty well stocked with target pistols,though they don't stock Morini,if you want to try one contact Iqbal Ubhi,the U.K. Agent,he's also based in Birmingham.

Good luck

Neale
    Last edited by tufty; 04-06-2016 at 04:23 PM.
    Steyr LG110 Hunter,AA410 in Gary Cane stock,HC, Steyr LP50,Morini 164ei,Morini CM84e,Anschutz 1417 thumbhole,Rimfire Magic 10/22,Anschutz 1913,Rieder and Lenz Z2,Keppeler 6mmbr

There is a comp at Aldersley tomorrow from 9.00 am. I believe Steyr UK may be there.
    Evo 10 Compact.

Buying the best you can in the first instance will save you upgrading as you improve and therefore a lot of cash, as all the other advise do try different pistols before spending, I shot a Steyr for 3 years, it was only when I visited my club without my pistol due to working late one night and rather than just watch I decided to have a shoot with our club pistol, a Walther. I instantly fell in love with it, preferred the weight, balance and just about everything felt better suited, if only I'd done this before buying my 2nd Steyr, Rink grips etc etc, I am now the very happy owner of 2 Walthers but spent a lot of money getting there, all modern match pistols are capable of winning but they are all very different and suit different people, only trying will tell you which is best for you,
    Steyr LP10, Steyr LP5,
    Vintage Collection - Walther LP53, HW77k Venom, BSF S20 Match, Original 35, ASI Target plus lots more

Thanks all