Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aleakto

Unhappy Aleakto

So, I just noticed my Alecto was loosing power it seemed. Sure enough I could hear the dreaded hiss when pumped. I check Tom Chambers and it seems there are no seals available,except for the breech,only the entire compression tube is sold which was not in stock anyways for like 130 something. Anyone know if this is true ??

Quote Originally Posted by Markmelesky View Post
    So, I just noticed my Alecto was loosing power it seemed. Sure enough I could hear the dreaded hiss when pumped. I check Tom Chambers and it seems there are no seals available,except for the breech,only the entire compression tube is sold which was not in stock anyways for like 130 something. Anyone know if this is true ??
    Looking at spares site here info you have seems correct. I would see if the compression tube can be stripped and source a similar O ring locally.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD

Quote Originally Posted by Benelli B76 View Post
    Looking at spares site here info you have seems correct. I would see if the compression tube can be stripped and source a similar O ring locally.

Baz
    Thanks . That's a good idea.......It better come apart.

Kloppville- 10,533 miles from Lake Mulwala.
    Try a drop of three in one type oil in the little hole in the cylinder first!

Cheers.

Roy.
    If it moves.....shoot it!..If it don't move.....shoot it in case it tries to!!!
    Light travels faster than sound....this is why I appear bright until you hear me speak!!!

Lube it

Quote Originally Posted by Retracted_Yeti View Post
    Try a drop of three in one type oil in the little hole in the cylinder first!

Cheers.

Roy.
    Hhmmm....Okay. Thanks

Hhmmm....Okay. Thanks
    Or a bunch of Pellgunoil.

NewPaul is online now Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    The Alecto is also known as .... Zoraki HP 01 if that helps with sourcing parts ?
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. Crosman Ratcher 2250XL .22 AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    The Alecto is also known as .... Zoraki HP 01 if that helps with sourcing parts ?
    Yeah...thanks.

Mining

So, I knew about the Zoraki name. I looked at T.Chambers under Zoraki and.....They carry internals there! Who knew. Thanks for the clue.
    It's great to mine the collective brain trust.

Red face Dealeakto

So, I knew about the Zoraki name. I looked at T.Chambers under Zoraki and.....They carry internals there! Who knew. Thanks for the clue.
    It's great to mine the collective brain trust.
    Well...Order is in for the Alecto/Zoraki leaky parts......Decided to splurge on an extended barrel and suppressor. I'm into it now.

NewPaul is online now Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Well...Order is in for the Alecto/Zoraki leaky parts......Decided to splurge on an extended barrel and suppressor. I'm into it now.
    Excellent and I’ve now learnt I can go to Chambers if ever I need bits for my Alecto in the future as I didn’t know that, I’ve only been told you can’t get parts for them.
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. Crosman Ratcher 2250XL .22 AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177

Kloppville- 10,533 miles from Lake Mulwala.
    Hhmmm....Okay. Thanks
    I take it the oil didn't work then?

Cheers.

Roy.
    If it moves.....shoot it!..If it don't move.....shoot it in case it tries to!!!
    Light travels faster than sound....this is why I appear bright until you hear me speak!!!

Parts

Excellent and I’ve now learnt I can go to Chambers if ever I need bits for my Alecto in the future as I didn’t know that, I’ve only been told you can’t get parts for them.
    Yup.....Just look under Zoraki not Webley.

Hissy

Quote Originally Posted by Retracted_Yeti View Post
    I take it the oil didn't work then?

Cheers.

Roy.
    Nah... worth the try .....I had my doubts though...... I think that would work better for a spring piston rather than a pneumatic.,most especially a leather sealed one........ Looking forward to my extended and threaded barrel. No silencer imports to US but I've already got one on the way from a US company to fit the M10x1.0 threads.

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    FWIW my Mk1 Alecto started leaking within a week or two, my RFD sent it back under warranty, it came back with a new valve system and it has been as good as gold ever since.
    Good deals with these members