Thread: use of paypal for purchases outside the eu

use of paypal for purchases outside the eu

I used paypal to pay for an airsoft pistol from rewolf airsoft in hong kong they sent the pistol I ordered but it was faulty because they had coated the inside of the slide as well as the outside then the trigger broke.So I made a claim against them through paypal which they have denied because they say I did not provide tracking details I did I sent them a proof of postage certificate with their tracking no for international tracked and signed but because the post office decided to send it by surface mail instead it now cant be tracked .The result of this is that I have lost out to the sum of usd 300 and the seller will still get the gun back.I triede to close my paypal account but was unable to do so but I have removed my debit card from it.S0 don't use paypal at all if you can help it.

robby is offline Whos the odd one out now
    Paypal is very strict and fussy on the term of purchasing anything guns related!, instead of claiming refund from aboard,i would chalk it down as buyer beware.

eyebull is offline Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
    Paypal doesn't cover you at all for purchases of firearms, it's against their terms and conditions and they can close your account for it.
    Good deals with these members

Paul55 is offline I get by with a little help from my friends
    If the Post Office screwed up by sending it incorrectly you need to claim from them. As has already been said PayPal won't entertain any claims where guns of any sort are involved. Actually reading your post through again why do you think that Redwolf won't refund you? I take it you contacted them & arranged a return back to them. You did do that, didn't you?
    UBC Resident Cowboy
    St Paul of 55
    Been there, bought it, tried it, sold it

Who actually paid for the return ? did they send a return label or did you post it back, was all the customs paperwork done ? did it have your return address
    I'd check that it wasn't stopped by customs, it might be sat at Belfast, if it looked like a "gun" on x-ray.
    Presumably you included a letter with the return so if it does make it back to the seller they know what it is, what's wrong & who to refund or send a replacement to