Quote Originally Posted by DM80 View Post
the bsa scorpion is ok I do like them but the 45 is just better ive owned many of both pistols and for me the Hw is more accurate better built its lighter and Ive always found the 45 is just easier to shoot the trigger and safety mech on the bsa is terrible and unreliable for me its the scorpions biggest downfall and facts are facts the 45 has been around since the early 80's and today still sells in vast numbers the bsa died a death years ago.

dave.
Quote Originally Posted by ETCHY View Post
I now have a Scorpion & an early HW45 both in .22.

I don't know why but somehow I've never quite enjoyed either . The Scorpion I just struggle to be accurate with (although it looks damned cool) & the HW45 whilst I find accurate & solid is somehow just soulless.

To be honest for plinking I find my old Webley Tempest more fun than both
Agreed that the 45 is objectively better, but also somehow boring. The Scorp is nice, when it works, and a 70s icon. And they are surprisingly accurate if you get a good one.

Also agreed that other guns are more readily appealing for plinking. In my case, the Diana LP5 and various Webleys, esp the Senior.

Someone should do an objective test. Scorpion v 45 v Diana LP5 Magnum v Diana LP8 v Browning 800. Etc.