Quote Originally Posted by Bumpsfelt View Post
... well the HW45 is the Black Star Version.

Both .177 and I think each great in own way.

The HW45 is beautifully engineered, a pig to master but rewarding when you start getting accurate with it. I have put many many tins of pellets through it and it still diesels like crazy and a couple of times it actually detonated with visible flame and frightened the hell out of me.

I never really fancied the Scorpion - far too huge. However the shop selling it really did not know what it was, the price was stupidly cheap, it was boxed with all the bits and the condition was 90%. I was astounded at how easy it was to shoot (shoot ... not cock!) and very accurate. I actually put a 2x scope on it for fun and it worked very well although I have reverted to open sights. I am very pleased that I bought it.

I also have a mint .177 Hurricane which also provides great pleasure and probably more civilised than the other two although lacks the accuracy.

I was never wild about pistols but now have 8 and think that I get more fun out of shooting them. They are great on the range and much more sensible in my garden.
The flash over of the Hw45 is very common, with even the slightest trace of lube.
With an inefficient transfer port they had to pack out the power plant compression to a point flash over is achieved very easily.
All the other pistols mentioned with much more efficient transfer ports could afford milder compressions for similar power but remain under the flash over phaze.
Scorpions are actually nicely balanced pieces of kit.....just big.