Thread: Tangfolio Witness

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration

Tangfolio Witness

I bought a misbehaving Tangfolio Witness, what is the usual things that need replacing? Is it seals or the mag or what?

I haven't even tried putting a gas capsule in it yet!

Tony.T is offline For vicious attack Pasties, 177, 22 or 12bore?
    What is doing as such?
    video transferred to DVD, USB etc. Old negs and photos scanned to digital media
    www.digitalconversions.co.uk

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony.T View Post
    What is doing as such?
    It was sold to me as malfunctioning, I guess I will have to load it up with gas and see what it does.... this gun has common faults though doesnt it?

Also, can a real 1911 magazine fit in the well? Someone I know might use it for a film ...

Quote Originally Posted by Hsing-ee View Post
    It was sold to me as malfunctioning, I guess I will have to load it up with gas and see what it does.... this gun has common faults though doesnt it?

Also, can a real 1911 magazine fit in the well? Someone I know might use it for a film ...
    Not sure how common, but I have read of three potential issues: 1) Leaking seal in the magazine, 2) Stray bb getting lodged inside the blowback unit located in the rear of the slide (detailed thread on bbs how to clear it), 3) Magazine alignment 0.5mm or so low (due to wear on the latch/detent within the frame). Let us know when you fix whatever it is.

Edit: Fourth minor issue: Failure to lock back after last shot (due to wear/rounded edges on the slide lock back mechanism).
    Last edited by Aimstraight; 05-06-2016 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Fourth issue.

Tell us what it does and we can tell you the fix. They really don't have many do not resusitate issues if bought as a healthy gun, generally they suffer issues of misuse.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich

Quote Originally Posted by blooregard View Post
    Tell us what it does and we can tell you the fix. They really don't have many do not resusitate issues if bought as a healthy gun, generally they suffer issues of misuse.
    Yup I agree with this.. The sears will go after a while but that will happen on any gun...

I also have videos on the issues aimstraight stated and many other 1911 vids on my YouTube channel, check them outing sure they will help you..

ATB Marc..
    Some of my favourite guns in. You collection, Umarex Beretta 92fs - Colt Custom 1911 - Walther Lever Action - TM Hi-Capa Custom Build Project - Colt SAA .45 & many more..

The most common fault as mentioned is a rogue bb stuck in the blow back unit of the slide. Check for that first as people think there is a major problem when it is just a simple fix.

Baz
    BE AN INDEPENDENT THINKER, DON'T FOLLOW THE CROWD