Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zoli 12g

From looking at all your reply's it's going to be a long haul to find what shoots best - think I'll buy a blunderbuss, just cram it with scrap obliterate the target ok from 10' ! Thanks to you guys I've at least got some sort of starting point/points ?
    Cheers all,
    Mick.

Trial and error

Just trial and error to find the best for your gun.

Quote Originally Posted by mickwin View Post
    From looking at all your reply's it's going to be a long haul to find what shoots best - think I'll buy a blunderbuss, just cram it with scrap obliterate the target ok from 10' ! Thanks to you guys I've at least got some sort of starting point/points ?
    Cheers all,
    Mick.
    Trying different loads and patch /wad combinations to get the best out of the gun is part of the fun of muzzleloading. In that respect they are more versatile than centre fire,

If you have any problems just come back on here and we will confuse you even more.

Have fun.

Atb.

Rough Balls

Shot in comp last Saturday with a shooter in British Team.
    Advice he gave me as he put all 13 shots in black at 50yds with a Springfield smoothbore. Off hand,
    Never Ram ball down leaving flat spot on ball easy push down with rod.
    Roll your balls between two rough cut files to leaving pitted surface.40 grit seems to work fine also.Golf ball effect!!!
    Clean bore between shots.

Quote Originally Posted by series2a View Post
    Shot in comp last Saturday with a shooter in British Team.
    Advice he gave me as he put all 13 shots in black at 50yds with a Springfield smoothbore. Off hand,
    Never Ram ball down leaving flat spot on ball easy push down with rod.
    Roll your balls between two rough cut files to leaving pitted surface.40 grit seems to work fine also.Golf ball effect!!!
    Clean bore between shots.
    Thanks for that bud, I'd read somewhere not to ram the ball down too hard for that reason and I suppose rubbing them between two files wont be any worse than waxing them ! I remember some time ago a fishing weight manufacturer put dimples on some lead weights like those on a golf ball, better aerodynamic's ?, never saw many around on the sea match circuit so not sure about that bit.
    Cheers,
    Mick.

Managed to get out with it for a couple of hours on Sunday, so far only used 65gns triple 7 ok @ 35yrds all in black on target, will probably up this to 80gns in stages when I have more time. Best with powder, nitro card 3mm, lubed wad, .715 ball patched ball using air rifle pull through patch. Tried ball patched with lubed patch, 2 x patches and bare ball with overshot card.
    Just great fun to shoot, will be going to Bisley for a day session on Butt Zero next month so will have more time to play Better get my application in for proper black powder soon !
    Cheers guy's,
    Mick.