Thread: Ford Open - Rifle HFT - Summer Series - Round 4 - Sunday 12th of June 2016

Ford Open - Rifle HFT - Summer Series - Round 4 - Sunday 12th of June 2016

Hello all,

The fourth round of the Ford Open Rifle HFT Summer Series gets under way at Ford Rifle Ranges on Sunday 12th of June 2016.

The address is,

Ford Rifle Ranges,
    Burndell Rd,
    Yapton,
    BN18 0HR

The gates will open at 10am with the event getting under way as soon as everyone is booked in and the safety brief is given.

Adults £6.00 and Juniors £5.00

Anybody is welcome!

We hope to see you there.

Steb
    Save time, see it my way

http://www.ford-hft.co.uk/

Luckily I will be there. I went down the range today to check my scope and suddenly another problem arose. I cocked the gun,loaded a pellet and took a shot. I cocked again to take another shot when the gun went bang whilst I still had my hand on the bolt ? Confused by this, I tried to reload but the bolt felt odd and the gun would not fire. After stripping the gun down in Terrys office all was soon revealed- the top trigger sear had snapped in half!

Fortunately Terry stripped one of the club guns and put its top sear back in mine- I gotta give him 10/10 for that.

Cya Sunday

Charlie.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie123 View Post
    Luckily I will be there. I went down the range today to check my scope and suddenly another problem arose. I cocked the gun,loaded a pellet and took a shot. I cocked again to take another shot when the gun went bang whilst I still had my hand on the bolt ? Confused by this, I tried to reload but the bolt felt odd and the gun would not fire. After stripping the gun down in Terrys office all was soon revealed- the top trigger sear had snapped in half!

Fortunately Terry stripped one of the club guns and put its top sear back in mine- I gotta give him 10/10 for that.

Cya Sunday

Charlie.
    That was lucky! What is the sear made of Charlie?
    Save time, see it my way

From what I can tell Steb its case hardened steel. It broke directly through the pivot hole and completely in half. I couldn't see if there was any flawing on the broken surfaces but this is the 2nd time I have seen a sear break in half this year- both S400's to boot.

As a guess I'd say that the pivot hole for the pivot pin could be made smaller as both sears I have seen have broken in exactly the same place and manner.

Odd that Pat mentioned the amount of creep on my trigger only on Sunday and 1 shot later the sear broke. Anyways, all sorted now-just hope it holds up for the next 30 shots

Take care m8 and I'll catch up with you on Sunday

Cheers.

Charlie.

They don't call him Pat the Hat for nowt! espionage, sabotage that's his signature! beware!

PTH be afraid.. Great at covert assasinations, though sometimes he fails.. eh! Rich!
    SIHFT Winners 2011 - 2012 - 2013 - AND 2014....2015..2016...oh look back at green...running out of colours! Ha!

Pat the....

Pat the Hat - that's not how I heard it

Charlie

Going to miss this weekend good luck fella
    ..."My son," said the Norman Baron...."The Saxon is not like us Normans. His manners are not so polite. But he never means anything serious till he talks about justice and right"...

The course is set, bring on the rain
    Save time, see it my way