Thread: The Unconcious trigger

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    When ive been practising i am bringing my sight pictute down to sub 6 and im on the very cusp of the trigger breaking.. i dont hang about and when the sight picture looks good i let it go... ive noticed that with more and more dry firing sessions.. this whole process sometimes comes autonimously and when shooting live i get a surprise when it goes without me thinking - it usually results in a 10. The problem is the ratio of these shots to the 'others'!! Its definitely increasing and i know i should put more time into my dry firing.
    Funny thing is even with a dry fire i know it would have been a 10. Practise makes bullseyes!!
    Donald

In addition to the tips and information already supplied you need to ensure that not too much time up is spent trying to achieve a perfect trigger release.
    If the shot has not gone within 10 seconds or so the hold will become increasingly unsteady and when eventually released it will probably result in a snatch resulting in an 8 or 7 or worse.
    If a good shot release has not been achieved then lower the pistol to the bench and start the sequence all over again paying special attention to the sight
    picture, as has already been stated, and more particularly a clear foresight image.

BigEars Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AC99 View Post
    In addition to the tips and information already supplied you need to ensure that not too much time up is spent trying to achieve a perfect trigger release.
    If the shot has not gone within 10 seconds or so the hold will become increasingly unsteady and when eventually released it will probably result in a snatch resulting in an 8 or 7 or worse.
    If a good shot release has not been achieved then lower the pistol to the bench and start the sequence all over again paying special attention to the sight
    picture, as has already been stated, and more particularly a clear foresight image.
    Funnily enough as the evening goes on it gets progressively more difficult to focus on the front sight even with the right specs. I'm already getting good at knowing when to can the shot and try again. I'm sure I'll get there, I have increased the proportion of good releases.

Part of my problem stems from the fact that when I joined the club pistols were all about turning targets and am having to unlearn bad trigger technique acquired then.