Thread: Info needed????

Info needed????

What's the members thoughts on a BSA Firebird "apparently the same as a bsa spitfire but with a fix barrel and rotating breach" I have never came across one before but I have spied one for sale don't' no anything than it has two extra barrels with it? I have done some internet searching to no avail only one vid on you tube ----IF I do get to buy it? would it be best to send it off to bowkett for a service and blue print? any members had one got one? --how many shots per fill? are they any good or a white elephant?

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by ZAKDINGEL View Post
    What's the members thoughts on a BSA Firebird "apparently the same as a bsa spitfire but with a fix barrel and rotating breach" I have never came across one before but I have spied one for sale don't' no anything than it has two extra barrels with it? I have done some internet searching to no avail only one vid on you tube ----IF I do get to buy it? would it be best to send it off to bowkett for a service and blue print? any members had one got one? --how many shots per fill? are they any good or a white elephant?
    Well that's kind of made my mind up about this if the mighty BBS don't no much about them I perhaps should stay off it?

Just been on the phone to jb! He says the firebird is a good gun I easy actually asking about sending of a spitfire!
    gamo hunter 440 .22 smk b3 crosman 2260 and 2240

I remember these coming out. They had two barrels, I don't think the power is adjustable, so woulddbe a bit lower with the .177 on. The breech is similar to the superstar, and operated by a short under leaver. These guns - Spitfire/Firebird are hard to repair as a jig is need to set up the internals. JB is the man for this. the decision to buy depends on how much it is - factoring in the service costs. My local RFD recently had a Spitfire in good condition with a buddy bottle, that went for £220.

Quote Originally Posted by cooksey13 View Post
    Just been on the phone to jb! He says the firebird is a good gun I easy actually asking about sending of a spitfire!
    Quote Originally Posted by p.j. View Post
    I remember these coming out. They had two barrels, I don't think the power is adjustable, so woulddbe a bit lower with the .177 on. The breech is similar to the superstar, and operated by a short under leaver. These guns - Spitfire/Firebird are hard to repair as a jig is need to set up the internals. JB is the man for this. the decision to buy depends on how much it is - factoring in the service costs. My local RFD recently had a Spitfire in good condition with a buddy bottle, that went for £220.
    Thanks lads I will give it some more thought if its cheap I might have a go