Thread: Just how good is the Webly Alecto

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

we let Alecto

I had an Alecto in 1.77 for a while and was initially impressed, It was a real handful (big)! Could accommodate toys, powerful and pneumatic so no recoil. I had read reviews of the internals being made of "pot metal"! and started to get a little concerned waiting for something to go wrong. I didn't have to wait too long., after about 200 pellets it developed a leak and had to be returned to Highland Outdoors for repair. When it came back it was still leaking so took it back to the red for an exchange. Sadly they didn't have any HW45 Silver Stars available so took a nickel CP88 Competition in exchange. I miss the Alecto power but not the unreliability or muzzle flip. Shame because I did like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball50 View Post
    I had an Alecto in 1.77 for a while and was initially impressed, It was a real handful (big)! Could accommodate toys, powerful and pneumatic so no recoil. I had read reviews of the internals being made of "pot metal"! and started to get a little concerned waiting for something to go wrong. I didn't have to wait too long., after about 200 pellets it developed a leak and had to be returned to Highland Outdoors for repair. When it came back it was still leaking so took it back to the red for an exchange. Sadly they didn't have any HW45 Silver Stars available so took a nickel CP88 Competition in exchange. I miss the Alecto power but not the unreliability or muzzle flip. Shame because I did like it.
    I think that the .177 versions are better, but at nearly 45MM calibre and 6FPE you are bound to have problems.
    Great Deals with : Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich