Thread: Pedersoli Leigi kit

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters

Pedersoli Leigi kit

I've just ordered one of these in .44 and was wondering if anyone here has done one before.
    I went for this over the standard as I thought it would be good to have something a little different with checkering, engraving and a nice finish.
    God rest ye jelly mental men

it will be interesting to see how you get on with this. I have an antique muff pistol I am thinking about using once a few bits have been sorted, like being able to un screw the barrel

Yeah, good luck with that!

The 209 shotgun primer nipple conversion for indoor use with rubber balls looks interesting. I should imagine Mrs Bum will become weary of it pretty quick though. Especially if its during one of her programmes.
    A suspended blanket with some gather on the ground should provide a good ball trap, hopefully with the balls surviving well enough for reuse. I can see a nice little garden plinking range coming on.....

Quote Originally Posted by TA6319 View Post
    it will be interesting to see how you get on with this. I have an antique muff pistol I am thinking about using once a few bits have been sorted, like being able to un screw the barrel
    You might have to use a lot of heat to remove the barrel.Rust and corrosion from the blackpowder residue virtually fuse the parts together.

I have a friend who likes buying old antiques for restoration. To get the base plug out he sometimes has to weld a bar to it to get it to unscrew. The combination of heat and brute force usually does the deed.

I socked the gun in caustic soda for a while, and took it out every so often and tapped the join evry few days. Placed the barrell in a wood vice and unscrewed it by hand.

The nice DPD man delivered it today, and what a sweet little gun!

As a "kit" i was expecting something less well finished. The barrel is ready blacked and the butt is a pretty good fit with just some minor shaping/finishing needed before oiling.
    The block is a bit rough around the edges and the back strap will need a slight bend to fit the butt perfectly, but all in all I think its a great little project.

sounds good, any pictures?