Thread: Leapers Bug Buster 3-9x32

Leapers Bug Buster 3-9x32

I thought this may be of interest to some of you. My wife has just bought a Brocock Aim-X Contour rifle and to maintain the theme of a really light outfit, she wanted a small and lightweight scope, to cut a long story short, we tried a Bug Buster out for size. I have to say this little scope is not in the same league as a £300 jobbie but it really is a nice little job.
    The scope comes with front AO and full IR in both red and green meaning the whole cross hairs are coloured if required. To say it is only 32mm, it does not seem to suffer any real loss of image quality through the glass, in fact the image is very crisp.
    The scope we bought didn't have any mounts but one company sells them with quick release mounts as standard at about £110, we paid a less with no mounts but to be fair, the scope needed reach forward mounts for this gun.

If I had a negative point it would be that the cross hairs are a little heavy but I am comparing it to the fine cross hairs on my MTC scope so perhaps not a fair thing to say but I will say that I am considering buying another to put in the drawer for when I go for a compact gun as I think they are good value for money.

We have not had the outfit for long so I am not able to say that it has given years of service but so far we are quite impressed and if you need a compact AO, IR scope on a budget, give this little fella a viewing.

Phil

Quote Originally Posted by philpot View Post

If I had a negative point it would be that the cross hairs are a little heavy but I am comparing it to the fine cross hairs on my MTC scope so perhaps not a fair thing to say but I will say that I am considering buying another to put in the drawer for when I go for a compact gun as I think they are good value for money.
    Phil
    Them MTC rets are fine, i have the Leapers 3x12x44 compact, it has the wire ret, its a bit on the thick side, i'm used to the mtc ret in my connect, the leapers image quality is equal if not better than the connect in my eyes, the leapers is very bright and crisp and has a decent field of view though not like the connect, id say if you want a decent compact scope and cant stretch to a connect go for a leapers they're great value for money, on high mag the cross hairs aren't too bad, i'm just spoiled with etched rets, you must admit since etched rets came along the others have gone to the wire.
    With the Leapers expect around 3 to 3.5 inch eye relief maybe a bit more.
    Last edited by buttloaves; 03-07-2016 at 09:42 AM.

Thumbs down similar experience with the bugbuster

just wanted to add, this one is also one of those short eye relief scopes. so help with parallax/head position. the same, crosshairs are just too fat so

I have one of these too, I also have two MTC Connects which as we know are very good and you are always going to compare them. For the money the Leapers are a bargain and as already mentioned for the compact size and 1 inch tube they still give a good clear image, I got mine with the QD mounts and sun shade for £75 new, the dislike for me is the illumination, it is on a variable resistor so no 5 or whatever steps in brightness, you can have it at whatever brightness that you want, but because the whole ret is illuminated it often seems too bright even on the lowest setting (especially with the green illumination), after a while I start to get a headache so I tend not to bother with it, apart from that I have no complaints and the mounts are selling for £20-£25 so an absolute bargain of a scope.

BugBuster

It's a great little scope to use with a night vision add on.
    I get a clear picture down to a couple of yards when ratting.
    I only wish it had side focus.
    Rapid Mk2 anschutz trigger .20
    Rapid MFR .20
    FX Verminator MK2 .22

I must admit the gun that I have the Bug Buster on is one I rarely use but only the other day I picked it up for a bit of plinking in the garden, can't help but like this little scope and okay compared to my Mamba Lite and Genesis, it is very thick recticle in comparison but I still like it.

Phil

I bought one of these UTG Bugbuster's for use on my 110 , and I cant find anything bad to say about it .
    For the money , with QD mounts , flip up caps ,a sun shade and a cross hair and mill dots that don't vanish when you use a red torch
    its just good value.
    The IR isn't set on clicks , its just variable from very dim to too bright.
    It has a good field of view , and even in fading light performs very well.

For £85.00 No Complaints from me .
    Peace through superior fire power!

Bug buster scope

I have this scope on my Theoben Fenman and got to say I’m ore than happy ,it’s optics are nice and clear and I didn’t want a large scope on this particular rifle .
    Great little scope in my opinion

I've got one of the 3-12's utg's on my wildcat, and love it, use it mainly for woodland shooting really good glass for the money