Thread: fx wild cat .177 review

Thumbs up fx wild cat .177 review

hi here is my review on my fx wildcat .177, bad points first. loading is trickey I have two mags and one is very tight for JSB EXact pellets it is imperative that you push the pellets at least flush into the recess or the mag can eject due to the indexing lever catching the protruding pellet skirt. They are a bugger to find in long grass, also inserting the magazine push the mag in then you must rotate the mag CLOCKWISE when viewed from the rear until you feel a solid click, then the side lever should slide forward with minimal resistance, if it doesn't don't force it take the mag out and try again, I use the same procedure on my AA s510. Providing you do as above you should have no problems. The safety is naff there is next to no resistance from safety on to off so if your sleeve catches the lever you can easily knock it off. Good points its very very accurate easily as good as my HW100 rifles I think it holds tighter groups at longer ranges which is partly why I bought it. Handling is excellent and surprisingly standing shots are easier than a long rifle. shot count is massive 200 plus, its pretty quiet nothing like a hw 100 but quiet enough. I have bought a Viper 3 point sling and have managed to fit it satisfactorly if you are good at rubic cubes then you will eventualy work out how it fits, a clue is the snap lock clips go at the front of the gun and the press stud loop goes around the scope rail. Overall despite it foibles I love this gun.

Thanks for a good review.

Thanks for a good review. I've been thinking of buying a fx wildcat .177, ATB fife

clunge is offline Buys suspicious amounts of hand sanitiser
    Thanks for the review. I have 2 wildcats, but not a .177.

You find one of the mags tight on pellets. . It seems unlikely that they machined one of them with the wrong diameter holes, but you could measure them.

It seems more likely that they overtightened the screw that holds the o-rings and balls in place, squeezing the o-rings into the pellet spaces. Unless they put the wrong o-rings in!

If you have a look here: AoA repair hints vid on youtube, you can see how to loosen it, check the o-rings and perhaps get a smear of silicone lube on the o-rings.