Thread: Weihrauch HW 70 Black Arrow

Weihrauch HW 70 Black Arrow

Recently acquired the HW70 thanks to a friend (RC)s recommendation. I was still very surprised at the refined action of this Springer! It handles more like a pneumatic, smooth, little kick, very nice trigger, very good power,
    and very easy to cock, not as big, heavy and cumbersome as many Springers. The scope is quite nice too, and it's proving to be a very accurate shooter at 35 feet and beyond. Seems to me to a bit of an underdog, overshadowed, I guess, by Weihrauch's other models, HW45 Springer and the HW40 and HW75. An older style design maybe, but to Me a Stand-out at Any price?
    Baikal MP654 MP53M IZH-46M LP53 CP88comp Alecto .177 LB, .22 Tempest .177, .22 Cr 2240 Weih HW45 HW45BS HW70 HW75 XSP180 Cometa Indian Hatsan25 Scorp MKII Benj Trail NP AVOKE Diana P5 Avanti747 * PLUS Over 70, Co2 BB/Pellet Pistols*

Quote Originally Posted by ejackyou View Post
    Recently acquired the HW70 thanks to a friend (RC)s recommendation. I was still very surprised at the refined action of this Springer! It handles more like a pneumatic, smooth, little kick, very nice trigger, very good power,
    and very easy to cock, not as big, heavy and cumbersome as many Springers. The scope is quite nice too, and it's proving to be a very accurate shooter at 35 feet and beyond. Seems to me to a bit of an underdog, overshadowed, I guess, by Weihrauch's other models, HW45 Springer and the HW40 and HW75. An older style design maybe, but to Me a Stand-out at Any price?
    Lovely pistol always wanted the black arrow

I've owned the HW40 and many HW45 but only ever tried the HW70 once.

Wish I'd given it a chance to be fair but passed on it in favour of another 45

Can't say many come up for sale 2nd hand either and think I've only ever seen one black arrow advertised.

Enjoy your new purchase

Hw70

A very under rated pistol, however watch for cracking in the plastic around the grip screws. All models, including the Black Arrow are available mail order from Germany!

http://www.sportwaffen-schneider.de/...ducts_id/31837

Quote Originally Posted by coburn View Post
    A very under rated pistol, however watch for cracking in the plastic around the grip screws. All models, including the Black Arrow are available mail order from Germany!

http://www.sportwaffen-schneider.de/...ducts_id/31837
    Thanks for the buying new link.

They don't seem to come up for sale secondhand very often though

Perhaps there that good that owners don't like to sell them on