Thread: FWB 65 grip

FWB 65 grip

Evening all. Recently got into pistol shooting and slowly improving but as a result of my progress I'm now noticing that my grip isn't as consistent as it could/should be. I'm not trying to blame my lack of pinpoint accuracy on the grip (😂😂😂😂&#128514 but it certainly doesn't help.

What's my best option? I read somewhere about some form of putty that you can add to your existing grip to improve it or are grips still available to get hold of , without costing an arm and a leg......

Tia
    All help, advice and wrist slaps gratefully received.
    Most sales open to swaps for older BSA’s, projects and or incomplete/bits. Currently quietly developing a hankering for a nice S10 BBK………..

Im in the same boat with my fwb100... been looking at the morini paste and i think ill get some eventually... for now, as suggested on here, im using blutack to figure out what i need to do...it certainly works a treat ... with adding.. im definitely getting somewhere... scared of subtracting material though
    Donald

You could try 'Polymorph'; thermo-plastic pellets which come in tubs of various sizes and prices from Maplin stores or on-line also from Amazon.
    Measure out a suitable quantity of pellets into a container of hot water (about 60 C), pellets will soften and can the be moulded into any required shape. Stick to wooden grips and squeeze so that it assumes impression of your hand (as you would with 'blu-tac') as it cools down it becomes solid and may be trimmed and filed until correct profile is achieved.
    The final shape is obviously more solid and permanent than blu-tac but it can be readily prised off without incurring damage.
    Maybe worth a try?
    Aubrey

Quote Originally Posted by AC99 View Post
    You could try 'Polymorph'; thermo-plastic pellets which come in tubs of various sizes and prices from Maplin stores or on-line also from Amazon.
    Measure out a suitable quantity of pellets into a container of hot water (about 60 C), pellets will soften and can the be moulded into any required shape. Stick to wooden grips and squeeze so that it assumes impression of your hand (as you would with 'blu-tac') as it cools down it becomes solid and may be trimmed and filed until correct profile is achieved.
    The final shape is obviously more solid and permanent than blu-tac but it can be readily prised off without incurring damage.
    Maybe worth a try?
    Aubrey
    Great stuff for pistol grips.You can also put some food dye in it if you don't like the original off white it goes when set.

Thanks. I've got some kicking round left over from my RC modelling days so will give it a try.
    All help, advice and wrist slaps gratefully received.
    Most sales open to swaps for older BSA’s, projects and or incomplete/bits. Currently quietly developing a hankering for a nice S10 BBK………..

Sugru

Try Sugru, a self setting rubber compound.
    I started this life with nothing and I still have most of it left!