Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone seen this..... 11589 air rifles handed in in Scotland!!

Anyone seen this..... 11589 air rifles handed in in Scotland!!

Mog is offline Mog has so much potential but does not apply himself fully.
    St Hilaire du Harcouët, Lower Normandy/East Sussex
    What a waste.
    Truttemer Tir Club

Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité

I wonder how many irreplaceable collector pieces are in amongst the Chinese stuff

How many collectors items are going to be destroyed

I wonder what the total amount of airguns in Scotland are, compared to those handed in.

Was there no way basc could of argued for some airguns to be donated to clubs/museums

They are claasing everything together and calling it weapons which includes knives but I think that sooner than later we are going to have to do the same thing in England.

A.G

They are prattling on about getting these weapons off the streets, they were not on the streets in the first place FFS. I think they estimated half a million air "weapons" in Scotland, but I think they just made up that number, how on earth would they know?

More punishing the innocent for the crimes of a few, what a state we are in, and it will only get worse.

Expect a huge spike in shotgun applications in Scotland, followed by more of this hysteria then a clamp down on shotguns.

Quote Originally Posted by lensman57 View Post
    They are claasing everything together and calling it weapons which includes knives but I think that sooner than later we are going to have to do the same thing in England.

A.G
    They wont get mine, i find it hard to believe the scots just rolled over and let this happen, if they all refused to hand them in what would they do arrest every one?

Circa 500,000-11,589

What a result .

Quote Originally Posted by buttloaves View Post
    They wont get mine, i find it hard to believe the scots just rolled over and let this happen, if they all refused to hand them in what would they do arrest every one?

Ditto !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by buttloaves View Post
    Its not as simple as that, most owners are only mildly interested in shooting and would not be prepared to be on the wrong side of the law.
    I need an enhanced CRB check for work, even a caution for something as little as this could lose me my job.

That will give a nice boost to the police benevolent and holiday fund

Before this ridiculous law was brought in what was happening in Scotland, was it like the wild west or something, people getting shot all over the place by air guns, they'll be licensing the butter knife next, by the time these people have done we will all be just sat at home wrapped in cotton wool when not at work, public gatherings will be banned, no pubs no working mens clubs, no nowt,well at least we can watch all the rabbits and rats not the red squirrel's though as they will die out as they out of control greys take over, out of our windows, what about crossbows? can't wait to reach this new utopia, not..
    Bar code on back of neck next

Quote Originally Posted by geordiejohn View Post
    Its not as simple as that, most owners are only mildly interested in shooting and would not be prepared to be on the wrong side of the law.
    I need an enhanced CRB check for work, even a caution for something as little as this could lose me my job.
    If the crackpot law wasn't in place you would have nothing to fear.

Is this a test bed like the smoking ban?
    Scotland tests then it gets brought in for England

If the courts said that all guns handed in had to be compensated to their full value the idea would have been dropped like a hot stone, i have £3000 in my guns and im certainly not going to give it away whatever the scare tactics..