Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Anyone seen this..... 11589 air rifles handed in in Scotland!!

Quote Originally Posted by gingernut View Post
    Picture in Daily Mail.
    Two thoughts.
    Why carefully log and label them when they are to be destroyed?
    Which links into next thought -have they really not got anything more important to do?
    Like fighting crime?
    This is just a political stunt. Self serving and useless piece of legislation.

A.G

?

Did anyone like BASC get involved with this ?
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars

Quote Originally Posted by 32:1 View Post
    Did anyone like BASC get involved with this ?
    yes. but as usual the yesnp pushed it through.

Salamander is offline The bbs' most interfered with member
    Quote Originally Posted by buttloaves View Post
    With a bit of luck the UK gov will not go down the licensing route simply because the Scots did it first.
    It didn't stop them with the council tax, smoking banned in pubs, etc. Seriously, though, I don't think they will, but it's all about events, isn't it?
    That mod from Yns Mon's been interfering with me.

Comparison. In days gone by how many of us owned a compulsory dog license? (if we had a dog that is) and how many of us were actually asked to produce one? TV licenses anyone? It's still your choice regardless of the 'law'. F' em.

You vote Lefties into office, you get the consequences.
    Yes but apart from that, Mrs Lincoln, what did you think of the performance?

Quote Originally Posted by Mousemann View Post
    You vote Lefties into office, you get the consequences.
    did you vote in the diddies in Westminster? If you did not , then should you get the consequences? I did not vote yesnp like many more shooters never voted them.

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    did you vote in the diddies in Westminster? If you did not , then should you get the consequences? I did not vote yesnp like many more shooters never voted them.
    What the hell is this in English?

Quote Originally Posted by Mousemann View Post
    What the hell is this in English?
    I meant as I'm scottish I must have voted snp.in that case you must have voted tory.

Just because the party got in power does not mean you he or I voted for them.

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    I meant as I'm scottish I must have voted snp.in that case you must have voted tory.

Just because the party got in power does not mean you he or I voted for them.
    It's OK, it was a rhetorical question really.

People are handing them in because they are fearful of the consequences, fearful of government, sound familiar. How many of those 11,000 do do you think were handed in by criminals, if in fact there were that many handed in, as I know the police stock pile before destruction. The majority were probably hanging around for months or more even, before the licensing campaign was launched.

John
    Law of any kind only affects those willing to abide by it.

Several hundred if what i've just seen dotted amongst the ones visible in the piles and laid out on the table in the articals photo's is a representive sample
    Too many air guns to list but to count them all I need to take my shoes & socks off as well
    BASC Member

I think since Thursday, the English government have a slightly more important set of things to worry about, other than airguns in scotland

It really is laughable that so called MP's target one specific item and sway that on a problem figure or incident, If figures were important there were more BMX injuries, dog bites, horse falls, car crashes, kettle scalds and condom failures, so they have plenty to do up there if they are indeed unbiased !

And I think they should not destroy all those airguns as they might just need'em for their independant army soon !
    bigtoe, Harry, hydroclamp, jpsnorton, gayle89, mark410, Stu83, smallholder1, wellhouse0, readingcop, sir-slots-alot, danco1987, Stevenb, DarylDiane, simpleSimon, Ratinator, Milek, Josh, Maxtich, Woodsie99, Ozzie, master_shriller, niloc, Drake267, deejayuu, shootingstars