Page 12 of 75 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: 3rd and 4th September Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

Chippendale is offline Well stuff me, you live and learn.
    (Noah spent less time building his Ark than you've spent on that bloody conservatory Mel.)

Yes but it was made of Gopher wood, unfortunately on this project I've mainly been the 'gopher'.
    Seriously though Mick its been the unforeseen problems, main drains too near the surface, 100mm of cover only on a main sewer that had cracked collars so we had to replace them. Because of this we have had to lift the floor up which has caused the walls to be higher and that means we cant put a lean-to roof on as planned because it would be higher than the eaves of the bungalow so the the cost of that has nearly doubled. A soak away that had to be spanned with lintels and reinforcing, all the extra cost was also a worry when we had only budgeted a certain amount.

Hopefully the roof is going on in a couple of weeks then I can start on the interiors.

See you all in September

Cheers Mel

Phew; I feel knackered just reading that little lot, Mel.

Sounds a right nightmare and I feel for you.

And a day or two spent at a nice, calming, therapeutic Quigley Hollow amongst fine folk will be the perfect tonic.

56 to go, peeps......that's eight weeks!

BOING!!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

@ New Paul

Are you having another session with the rammer today, Pauly Boy?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Are you having another session with the rammer today, Pauly Boy?
    I am Tone, I'm just nursing a bit of a hangover this morning after a friends retirement do last night. I will go to the range with the 90 in an hour or so and fit that droopy compensating mount. I'm sure all will be fine as last time I used the rifle it was spot on (as best as I can shoot). Gonna bring my trusty 77 too as it is always a pleasure to shoot. Will let you know how I get on later matey
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Hope the session went well today, mate.

Nothing like a good plink to cure those hangover blues?

Hope the session went well today, mate.

Nothing like a good plink to cure those hangover blues?
    Was quite windy at the range today but I like that now and again to hone the 'hold off' skills. Certainly helped the hangover though I brought the 'new' HW90 with me to fit that barrel droop compensating mount but forgot to bring the mount dopey git ! So I'll do that next week. I'd forget me balls if they weren't in a bag
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Was quite windy at the range today D
    Should have steered clear of the curry last night, PaulyBoy!

Was quite windy at the range today but I like that now and again to hone the 'hold off' skills. Certainly helped the hangover though I brought the 'new' HW90 with me to fit that barrel droop compensating mount but forgot to bring the mount dopey git ! So I'll do that next week.
    Yep, always good to practice those hold off skills matey.

Fancy forgetting the mount, you daft ha'porth!!

Ah well, it always provides an excuse (if any were needed) for the return visit.

Hope you had a good sesh, Pauly.

I brought the 'new' HW90 with me to fit that barrel droop compensating mount but forgot to bring the mount
    How about fitting the scope into the new mount at home, Paul?

That way, you can take your time with it (not that it'll take long, anyway), rather than it encroaching into your plinky time next weekend. And all in the comfort of your own home.

Before you fit it, shoot at close range in your garden to ascertain the secondary zero point (the closest range where the pellet strike matches the line of sight), probably 8 to 10 yards with the .22. Do this with the current set-up and then with the new mount fitted. Then, when you're at the range, it'll just be a case of some fine tweaking to zero at your primary range and maybe a little fine tuning on the windage.

How about fitting the scope into the new mount at home, Paul?

That way, you can take your time with it (not that it'll take long, anyway), rather than it encroaching into your plinky time next weekend. And all in the comfort of your own home.

Before you fit it, shoot at close range in your garden to ascertain the secondary zero point (the closest range where the pellet strike matches the line of sight), probably 8 to 10 yards with the .22. Do this with the current set-up and then with the new mount fitted. Then, when you're at the range, it'll just be a case of some fine tweaking to zero at your primary range and maybe a little fine tuning on the windage.
    Thanks for that Tone, I may well do that tomorrow I've got 12 yards in the garden and unless I forget to bring the whole rifle with me next week, I won't forget the mount. I'm really lucky with plinky time at the range as its open from 10:00 to 17:00 so I can potentially get 7 hours in Mind you that 90k ain't 'arf hard to cock and after even half an hour of solid plinking my arm starts to ache It's such a nice relaxing place and the other guys down there are great, much like the guys at The Bash, from all walks of life, all ages but one magical thing in common - Airguns

It sounds like you have found yourself a magic little place there, PaulyBoy.

Like-minded people all brought together by their passion for our wonderful little Airguns.

As you say, especially once you're into "the zone" and switch off from many of life's stressful distractions, it's so wonderfully calming and relaxing. It's something that the outsiders will never realise and wouldn't want to open their eyes to.

Dunno if you've had it chrono'd matey? Just wondering if there may be a little scope (!!) to be able to drop the ram pressure slightly if the power output was towards the "enthusiastic" end, making cocking easier?

Just 55 days to Happy Time at The Hollow!

BOING!!

Oops, two posts up from the bottom.

Boinging it up!

Have to have a little trip out in a short while to collect a Fiesta front wing.

Not for mine!

But for the numpty 17 year old's which he caught in a car park!

They think they knows it all, in'it!!

Catch yers laterz!!

BOING!!

Oops, two posts up from the bottom.

Boinging it up!

Have to have a little trip out in a short while to collect a Fiesta front wing.

Not for mine!

But for the numpty 17 year old's which he caught in a car park!

They think they knows it all, in'it!!

BOING!!
    Ah well, it's all part of the learning Tone I had a few dings in my first car due to not judging my surroundings properly Mind you, a few years of bombing around on my motor-bikes before I got a car probably didn't help

'Tis true, PaulyBoy.

And yes, it was a near-zero mph one where the little nerd misjudged where a bollard was.

Unlike his much more moronic sister who managed to write two cars off within a year and whose fault nothing ever was!

Did you manage to get that mount on, matey?

Did you manage to get that mount on, matey?
    No I didn't Tone and I had quite a lazy weekend too, I'll do it in the week as there's still plenty of light in the evenings still to get a 12yd zero