Page 14 of 75 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: 3rd and 4th September Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

Quote Originally Posted by gordon View Post
    Tone, when I was working I did those kind of hours and having meals at odd times, it really does catch up with you, believe me
    I thought I could get by on about 4 hours of kip but it's not good m8 take really good care of your self or you will end up like me ,.....OH NOoooooooo

AND who will look after Zeb ?

Best regards Gordon
    You could well be right, sir.

Thing is, also, the Mrs is a right night owl. Often working and tidying until very late. Big house and four bin lids. And, to make it worse, she looks after the grandson during the day Monday to Friday who is a right little git and is super-ace at totally trashing everything! He gets collected around 6pm ish and then she has to sort out the chaos he's caused before she commences other duties, making tea-time even later and more random timings!!

Bloody kids!

I KNOW I need to chill and plink more....it's just hard to find the time!

And Little Zeb's doing just fine, Gordon. Looking in fine fettle is the little boingy one!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Nice one Mel and welcome to the Tony, Mel and Paul thread very quiet around here
    Yep, it has been a little steady of late, Pauly.

But watch it as The Happy Weekend gets closer!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Hi Gordon. You tell him mate - he won't listen to me
    Sorry, my friend.

I DO try, honest.

Early retirement would be nice. Even part time would do. But need the dosh at the mo' keeping these little gits in the manner to which they've become accustomed!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Yep, it has been a little steady of late, Pauly.

But watch it as The Happy Weekend gets closer!
    Evening boingers!

gordon is offline it`s taken me 6 years to get so far...
    You could well be right, sir.

Thing is, also, the Mrs is a right night owl. Often working and tidying until very late. Big house and four bin lids. And, to make it worse, she looks after the grandson during the day Monday to Friday who is a right little git and is super-ace at totally trashing everything! He gets collected around 6pm ish and then she has to sort out the chaos he's caused before she commences other duties, making tea-time even later and more random timings!!

Bloody kids!

I KNOW I need to chill and plink more....it's just hard to find the time!

And Little Zeb's doing just fine, Gordon. Looking in fine fettle is the little boingy one!
    Flipping eck Tone! no wonder you look forward to the Bash, but like I said you need to look after yourself.
    My old Dad used to say .." Life's from A to B and your a long time at B

PS Boz is sat at the side of me and he agrees so do as your told....Right !!
    ATB, Gordon.
    Professional Ferret Juggler

As you say, PaulyLad, if it all works out, that Wednesday tea-time plink will be the perfect tonic!

D
    Bloody great!

Told my wife this morning to get the cinema booked.

Rang the shooting range from work.......fully booked tomorrow night!!

Could do with something boingy good coming my way at the moment!

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    Evening boingers!
    Yaaaay Jamie, I trust you and Mrs Trapper are well The chap I bought your Stoeger for is well pleased with it
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    Evening boingers!
    Haha!

Hey up young Jamie!

Hope you and the girls are all keeping well.

Flipping eck Tone! no wonder you look forward to the Bash, but like I said you need to look after yourself.
    My old Dad used to say .." Life's from A to B and your a long time at B

You are, of course, quite correct, Gordon.

And cheers for your concern, matey.

Someone else also reminded me recently of trying to get some better quality of life. And he was also very, very right. Must sort myself out. The only other thing is that the Mrs is a right workaholic and never stops and you sort of feel very guilty when you try and take some "me" time.

And, yes, I find even short little plinking sessions to have a fully beneficial and therapeutic effect. With The Bash being the jewel in the crown.

And I'd also love a proper little man cave cum workshop to have some therapeutic tinkering sessions.

Bloody great!

Told my wife this morning to get the cinema booked.

Rang the shooting range from work.......fully booked tomorrow night!!

Could do with something boingy good coming my way at the moment!
    Tone, I obviously don't know the range, but would it be worth turning up in case they can fit you in? AND even if you don't shoot your with like minded people and that can be just as good, I sometimes go to the range and put perhaps 10 slugs down the rifle.
    And have about 4 hrs chin-wagging and banter. Infact some members have threatened to rename the club Blackburn Outdoor Social Club for owd codgers
    Last edited by gordon; 12-07-2016 at 08:20 PM.
    ATB, Gordon.

Tone, I obviously don't know the range, but would it be worth turning up in case they can fit you in?
    50 miles round trip, Gordon.

When I get the opportunity to try and book some time on a Wednesday, it's usually mid-afternoon. And they can normally get you in at a couple of days' notice. This is the first time I've tried to book a couple of hours on an evening and they said you normally have to allow about ten days in advance. And many other members block book well in advance. I don't normally have the luxury of being able to book that far in advance with all the chaos at home and family pressures.

I have another plan, if I can get away with it.......I've been wanting to get to Brian Samson's range for ages. Firstly to support his venture and because he's so passionate about the sport. But he can't currently open on Wednesdays. I work alternate Sundays. This Sunday I'm off. Now, if the Mrs takes pity...you never know! I spoke to Brian a few days ago and his range is doing very, very well, with lots of regulars and he also receives visits from many who travel from afar. Really MUST get there.

Plan B underway......

Okay, Boz; will do, honest!

And Zeb sends his best wishes!

50 miles round trip, Gordon.

When I get the opportunity to try and book some time on a Wednesday, it's usually mid-afternoon. And they can normally get you in at a couple of days' notice. This is the first time I've tried to book a couple of hours on an evening and they said you normally have to allow about ten days in advance. And many other members block book well in advance. I don't normally have the luxury of being able to book that far in advance with all the chaos at home and family pressures.

I have another plan, if I can get away with it.......I've been wanting to get to Brian Samson's range for ages. Firstly to support his venture and because he's so passionate about the sport. But he can't currently open on Wednesdays. I work alternate Sundays. This Sunday I'm off. Now, if the Mrs takes pity...you never know! I spoke to Brian a few days ago and his range is doing very, very well, with lots of regulars and he also receives visits from many who travel from afar. Really MUST get there.

Plan B underway......
    Fingers x Tone
    ATB, Gordon.

. AND even if you don't shoot your with like minded people and that can be just as good, I sometimes go to the range and put perhaps 10 slugs down the rifle.
    And have about 4 hrs chin-wagging and banter. Infact some members have threatened to rename the club Blackburn Outdoor Social Club for owd codgers
    Mmmm....without sounding negative, Gordon, it isn't really that sort of place. Yes, there are some nice peeps that I've met there, but it doesn't seem to have a buzzy feel. Not like the Ultimate Bash Boinger Buzz where you can lose hours before you even realise that you haven't had a shot!

At this place, it's £8 an hour, so people tend to shoot in concentrated, intense chunks as they want to get their money's worth.

At Brian's, I think it's £10 and you can stay and shoot as long as you want.

Of course, the real answer to all of this is to try and start my own club. But whenever I've tried to test the water and gauge local interest it has always fell flat on its face!

A local shop opened last October and I really hoped that that might help create some local interest and demand. But the two owners fell out a few months ago, followed by a burglary and the shop disappeared maybe five or six months ago.

Okay, Boz; will do, honest!

And Zeb sends his best wishes!
    Cheers Tone, Boz has BOINGED off to kip now, quite a determined little fellow when he puts his spring down I'm off now ,been summoned by my Au pair I wish !!!!

Take care m8 best regards Gordon, Boz and the Au-pair
    Just read your last reply , All being well you will get up to Brians, give it your best shot... pun intended !! I'm off now !!!! adios amigos...
    ATB, Gordon.