Page 2 of 75 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: 3rd and 4th September Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

Suppose me +Mel better go to keep an eye on bongo while he keeps an eye on tinners.
    Money on its way Mick.

Getting there?

Does anyone know if you can take air rifles on a train?
    Or is that just a stupid question.
    Daystate Regal xl .177 / Hawke niteeye 6-24x50irsf...
    Weihrauch HW97 .22 tbt kit / Hawke sidewinder 30 10×42...

2 ferrets and a net...

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Hey Pauly Boy,

Just close your eyes, stand and click your heels together, chanting, "There's no place like The Hollow, There's no place like The Hollow......." and you'll miraculously be REALLY there!!

Well, ish, anyway!

Did you pick the '90 up, matey?
    Strange you say that Tone, The Wizard of Oz is my favourite film. Don't tell the lads though cos they'll think I'm a bit of a wuss and Yep, picked up the 90k and I love it already. Only put one pellet through it at the chaps house. Lovely guy, we had the usual chat as you do about shooting. He goes to my new range often so I'll probably bump into him there sometime. I've tried recruiting him to The Bash - we'll see.

The rifle is 1993 manufactured and in very good condition, one inch scar on the stock and tiny bit of rust within the relief of the serial number stamp, other than that, it's really good all round. Not sure what that funny little 'trigger' (not Tigger - don't get excited Tony) is in front of the trigger guard - safety reset ? Also, is the silencer removable if I wanted to replace it ?

It came with a Hawke Endurance 3-9x40. It's blurry at 12 yds above 3/4 mag but fine further out, so I'm assuming it must be paralaxed out to maybe 100yds ?. I've got a spare Panorama with AO if I do want to swap over though at some stage.

The Ratty and Moleys bargain Stoeger went to my man in Ilford today but we had a good play around with them today and I got it all set up for him with lots of safety tuition thrown in

Are we nearly there yet
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    Suppose me +Mel better go to keep an eye on bongo while he keeps an eye on tinners.
    Money on its way Mick.
    But who will be keeping an eye on Gwyn for you, Jamie???
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Strange you say that Tone, The Wizard of Oz is my favourite film. Don't tell the lads though cos they'll think I'm a bit of a wuss and Yep, picked up the 90k and I love it already. Only put one pellet through it at the chaps house. Lovely guy, we had the usual chat as you do about shooting. He goes to my new range often so I'll probably bump into him there sometime. I've tried recruiting him to The Bash - we'll see.

The rifle is 1993 manufactured and in very good condition, one inch scar on the stock and tiny bit of rust within the relief of the serial number stamp, other than that, it's really good all round. Not sure what that funny little 'trigger' (not Tigger - don't get excited Tony) is in front of the trigger guard - safety reset ? Also, is the silencer removable if I wanted to replace it ?

It came with a Hawke Endurance 3-9x40. It's blurry at 12 yds above 3/4 mag but fine further out, so I'm assuming it must be paralaxed out to maybe 100yds ?. I've got a spare Panorama with AO if I do want to swap over though at some stage.

The Ratty and Moleys bargain Stoeger went to my man in Ilford today but we had a good play around with them today and I got it all set up for him with lots of safety tuition thrown in

Are we nearly there yet
    Ah, yes, I bet it's one of the witches that you fancied? Was it the nice blonde one? Can't remember which one she was.

Glad you're liking the '90 matey.

Must admit, the '90 was on my shortlist, too. Another HW into the fold. But I just kept thinking that if I didn't get a TX this time around, I'd always be wondering "what if?". However, at the moment it feels like I have an imposter in the house.

I'm sure you'll gel with the rammer, Pauly.

Well done on the never-ending recruitment drive, mate.

I know your pain re the non-AO larger scopes. That TX has a stupid, great Hawke HD 4-12x50 on board. Only just about passable down the garden on lowest mag, which doesn't help. Especially with the massive exit pupil. However, I very much have feeling that it'll all gel once I can get to the range again and down at The Hollow.

Nice one on introducing your friend safely into our fold, Pauly. He's got himself a brace of usable little guns there at "dip your toe in the water" sort of money.

And, yes, we really (ish) are nearly there my good friend.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Unframed Dave is offline World pork pie juggling champion three years straight
    We're coming, I've just about recovered from the hangover from the last one. Reckon I'll abstain from any drinking at this one.

Dave
    Smell my cheese

Quote Originally Posted by Unframed Dave View Post
    I've just about recovered from the hangover from the last one. Reckon I'll abstain from any drinking at this one.

Dave
    Yeah, right!.

73 sleeps, peeps!

I will be there for my usual Friday and Saturday session of bucket bashing with any luck. Sods law in play of course as this weekend is the first of the new season of county matches so Sunday is out for me anyway....
    My youtube channel and please subscribe if you like itShooting at Dawn
    Facebook group Air Rifles

NewPaul is offline Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Ah, yes, I bet it's one of the witches that you fancied? Was it the nice blonde one? Can't remember which one she was.
    Actually Tone, it was one of the little Munchkins - more my stature Shhh !
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22

Thumbs up worth a read

Quote Originally Posted by ElmerFudd.177 View Post
    Does anyone know if you can take air rifles on a train?
    Or is that just a stupid question.
    www.railforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=121575
    them there springer's are soooooo addictive

Thumbs up

Put me down for the usual .....all depending on work
    them there springer's are soooooo addictive

Quote Originally Posted by neil180 View Post
    I will be there for my usual Friday and Saturday session of bucket bashing with any luck. Sods law in play of course as this weekend is the first of the new season of county matches so Sunday is out for me anyway....
    Good man.

Will try my best to be there for the Friday matey and catch up with you again.

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Actually Tone, it was one of the little Munchkins - more my stature Shhh !
    I won't say anything if you don't, Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by joffy View Post
    Put me down for the usual .....all depending on work
    Good man.

Any projects on the go at the mo', mate?