Page 35 of 75 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: 3rd and 4th September Boinger Bash --- Event and Payment Details

Quote Originally Posted by Vernal View Post
    Time to stop faffing around and do something - payment transferred today Mick, I'm looking forward to another great day at Quigley
    And payment received, Mike --- looking forward to seeing you again.

And embarrassingly, I missed Blackbaronfish's payment the other day --- always a pleasure to see you Ray.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by TopDog View Post
    Well; still trying to dot all the I's and cross all the T's with my intended venture darn sarf but will turn up Sat (hopefully) for the day or if not, maybe Sunday and pay at the gate if that's still OK. If it goes pear shaped, will try for the next one! Need to shake a few hands on the arms of people I feel I know well but have never met!

So; hopefully, see you all (or at some of you!) on Sat 3rd!

BFN
    VBW
    David

Here's hoping you can make it David.

All the best Mick

Cool The boing is back!!

BOING!

Got back home just after midnight, fellow Boingeristi, and many thanks for all the BOINGS.

Crazy place, that Londistan (spot on, Jamie) and we even had a ride on a sewer train.

More detailed replies later, but just for now......

21 sleeps to go, yep, three weeks, folks!

BOING!!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post

All the best Mick

Thanks Mick. I shall be bringing the Lincoln Jeffries as well as some modern stuff, and if there is anyone there on the Saturday who knows a bit about them, I would greatly welcome a chat about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    Should of gone to the Lake District Tone, much better for the soul/relaxing Sorry Paul
    Agreed mate.

I would much rather have a nice, relaxing time in the country - Lakes, Peaks or Dales are much more my sort of thing.

But, the Mrs wanted to go to The Smoke and, as we're not having a "proper" holiday this year, it was a brownie points scoring exercise.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Funny place that there London.

They have trains in the sewers --- honest.

And some bloke in a pub tried to sell me some shit --- if I'd have known it was valuable I could have took a bagfull with me.
    Well, it's certainly different compared to sleepy little Retford, where nothing happens and you'd struggle to get a coffee after 5pm.

Nice to be home, though.

Went in a "drain train" and actually quite enjoyed it. Dead easy to suss out after a few minutes (I've not been on a train for years). Good way to get about.

Luckily, I wasn't offered any "shit", but, I suppose, with the more family places we visited, with wife and kids, we weren't in that position.

Quote Originally Posted by Mole trapper View Post
    You be careful going to that there Londonistan young Tony!
    We went there a few weeks back, we couldn't find anyone who could speak the queens yocal dialect, they all spoke different strange languages. Proper put the willies up us it did, bit like that Bolton place, there's some strange folks from there abouts.
    You are SO very correct there, Jamie.

On Thursday we took the tube and went to Hamley's, Harrod's and Buckingham Palace. Most of the people you saw were not of this fine Isle.

Around and about in and near Harrod's, I'd say we noticed more people of Arabic persuasion that anything else....especially around the posh watch emporiums. Now, I'm not remotely into anything flashy or ostentatious, but that place was an eye-opener in big money vulgarity. Just casually walking around and not particularly looking in detail, the most expensive watch we saw was £101,000!

'Er indoors wanted to have a good snoop around the place and wanted to investigate quite a few floors. There was a £300,000 Sable fur coat. Poor little furry critters.

We were at Kew Gardens yesterday, which was a lot more laid back and most of the people we saw there we UK/US/European.

Quote Originally Posted by slinger69 View Post
    The above has to be worth a 2nd look. The Games nearly afoot!
    You just can't get better value for your £20; Brings your travel fuel bill down to 20p per litre.......Honest!

17 days is it Tone? Can't wait. I may need cheering up a bit. 22nd is the funeral of my oldest & best Mate, since I was 15.
    He's to be buried in a wicker coffin in a bluebell wood, by the sea on the Llyn Peninsular, N. Wales. 86, but he's had a damm good life. The last of my closest friends.
    (Guess The above is a Boinger Unburdening)

Any road up, Looking forward to Quigley Hollow & Boingers old & new.
    I raise a glass.
    ATB
    Gwyn

So sorry to hear this, Gwyn.

Always sad to hear of the passing of a close friend.

Beaming big hugs via BBS 'net to you matey and I'm sure you'll give him the send off he deserves.

Here's thinking of you matey.

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    How's the London trip going Tone ? Have you picked up the lingo yet ? Mind you, there's a lot different lingo's down here so take your pick

On behalf of Our Tone: Boing, 22 sleeps to go
    Too right, Pauly.

Learning all of them different lingos would take years, matey.

Cheers for the Boings and Sleepy-O-Meter updates, Pauly, and I hope you're having a lovely, relaxing time on the island.

And embarrassingly, I missed Blackbaronfish's payment the other day --- always a pleasure to see you Ray.

All the best Mick
    Nicely done, Mike and Ray.

Hoping I manage to catch up with the both of you on my enforced shorter itinerary.

Quote Originally Posted by TopDog View Post
    Well; still trying to dot all the I's and cross all the T's with my intended venture darn sarf but will turn up Sat (hopefully) for the day or if not, maybe Sunday and pay at the gate if that's still OK. If it goes pear shaped, will try for the next one! Need to shake a few hands on the arms of people I feel I know well but have never met!

So; hopefully, see you all (or at some of you!) on Sat 3rd!

BFN
    VBW
    David

It'd be great if you can make the pilgrimage, David, and your undoubted technical knowledge will always be warmly welcomed by the passionate Boingerfolk.

Just 20 sleeps to go (and less for some), peeps.

Already guaranteed to be superb, as always; the more the merrier, though.

BOING!!

...Shit --- I've just noticed I've got a bald patch.
    Can't see it myself?

[themed for the 40th "anniversary of Punk].

Quote Originally Posted by 18 Wheeler View Post
    Can't see it myself?

Ha ha
    He down with the hipsters🤓

NewPaul is online now Jack Hargreaves lookalike --- How
    Quote Originally Posted by 18 Wheeler View Post
    Can't see it myself?

Brilliant Nick You just need to change that rifle to a bow and arrow now
    HW77K .22, HW100KT .22, HW95K .22. AA TX200 MK3 .22. AA S410 MK3 .177. HW80 .25 HW30S .22. Pistols: Walther CP88 .177, Hatsan Mod25 Supercharger .22, HW45 Silver Star .177, Webley Alecto .177, SMK Victory CP2 .22