Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Buying airguns from NL, DE, PL etc.still possible after Brexit?

Quote Originally Posted by DSidelever View Post
    with the added comment that (sort of previously, under EU Law) anything offered for sale by company x, based in county x at x price would & should be available to all members of the EU at that exact price. That above 'x' company is now free to decide if it wants the bother of dealing with exchange rates, extra paperwork, shipping woes etc and can shortly offer the same item at different rates for 'UK' customers or indeed say "we do not deal with 'UK' customers"

The Free Market price & availability protection we have become used to is about to disappear.
    Yeah but apparently its all worth it because freedom or something.

Sorry. I am still angry about this stupidity and not getting any less so.

Anyway on topic anyone who thinks importing what is after all in law a firearm without HM customs being bound by EU laws on free movement of goods is fooling themselves. Plus of course UK retailers and manufacturers will be licking their lips. Once the law no longer forces them why are HMC going to let you bring in a gun shaped object just because you say its under UK limits?

Want something from the EU: don't wait is my advice. Its coming to an end. Thanks UKIP.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Cornelius View Post

Anyway on topic anyone who thinks importing what is after all in law a firearm without HM customs being bound by EU laws on free movement of goods is fooling themselves. Plus of course UK retailers and manufacturers will be licking their lips. Once the law no longer forces them why are HMC going to let you bring in a gun shaped object just because you say its under UK limits?

Want something from the EU: don't wait is my advice. Its coming to an end. Thanks UKIP.
    It's not Ukip, it's the majority. We live in a democracy and a democratic process has occurred . Winner takes all ,supp it up .

Utter rubbish.

Is that more scaremongering from the stay in brigade , can;t you lot accept you got beat and leave it at that !!!!!

Why don't we all start buying British guns made from Welsh steel?

We could grow our own lettuce, and drink UK milk as well.

Holiday in Devon.

And buy old Austin motor cars. Then our garages can fix them.

It'll be like a cross between Cuba and WW2...

Imports will be too expensive anyway. A Winerach HW97K will cost you a grand or more.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooti McNote View Post
    Why don't we all start buying British guns made from Welsh steel?

We could grow our own lettuce, and drink UK milk as well.

Holiday in Devon.

And buy old Austin motor cars. Then our garages can fix them.

It'll be like a cross between Cuba and WW2...

Imports will be too expensive anyway. A Winerach HW97K will cost you a grand or more.
    Well apart from the Austin cars I am up for all of that,bring it on. I work for a German engineering manufacturer and there is no way they will lose the UK market, they cannot afford to.

You are all jumping the gun anyway as the Europeans need to sell their goods to us, we are an important market for them. I actually thought we are in Europe and always will be, its just that we have said we are not going to be bullied any more.

We will get some stick from Europe at first as they are scared of their own countries wanting their own referendums. In 1940 we stood up against all odds and said get stuffed, well it's been done again and only just in time. Thank goodness for democracy.
    BASC

Quote Originally Posted by secretagentmole View Post
    We already do have a system which charges us for the importation of goods from non EU countries, for example I bought some boots last year from the USA and because they were over £25 I had to pay import duty on them and declare their true value to customs (actually did all that for us but the price was still properly declared and the correct duty paid).
    Thats what i said? Most of my family live in the USA. Im well aware of import duty and how to avoid it.
    Donald

Quote Originally Posted by Retracted_Yeti View Post
    Who cares, the price of gold has gone up!

Cheers.

Roy.
    I invest in brass and lead

Quote Originally Posted by DEAN C. View Post
    Well apart from the Austin cars I am up for all of that,bring it on. I work for a German engineering manufacturer and there is no way they will lose the UK market, they cannot afford to.

You are all jumping the gun anyway as the Europeans need to sell their goods to us, we are an important market for them. I actually thought we are in Europe and always will be, its just that we have said we are not going to be bullied any more.

We will get some stick from Europe at first as they are scared of their own countries wanting their own referendums. In 1940 we stood up against all odds and said get stuffed, well it's been done again and only just in time. Thank goodness for democracy.
    Very well said that man

Quote Originally Posted by greenman View Post
    It's not Ukip, it's the majority. We live in a democracy and a democratic process has occurred . Winner takes all ,supp it up .
    Absolutely right. Just watch the whole rotten cart come crashing down when they realise someone else has to pay the U.K.'s net contribution!

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

Quote Originally Posted by GoodWILLHunting View Post
    We're still in the EU for the next while, but as has been mentioned above; the exchange rate is pants at the moment.
    About the same as it was in April you mean?

I could see the point if we were talking about the USA. But we aren't.

It's nothing to do with the EU. The U.K. lets you bring in an airgun under 12 no matter where you are from as several ft competitions in the uk will testify to. Importing has always been tricky. If you are lucky, and most people are, it's fine, but I know people who have had items seized in transit before even getting to the uk from Germany because the paperwork was not correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    Absolutely right. Just watch the whole rotten cart come crashing down when they realise someone else has to pay the U.K.'s net contribution!

John
    That is going to be very interesting to watch

^ interesting to watch but not interesting if you have any meaningful assets of any kind - the world would be in recession for a long time if that was to happen - just little ol' UK voting to leave Europe has caused mayhem in the markets. Lets all hope things stabilise quickly and the rest of europe gets on fine without us.

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post

John
    A friend was in Germany on business last week during the referendum. He told me that was their sentiment exactly. They realise that they are effectively the only ones with anything like the means to pay it.
    No one on the planet apart from the Americans and Chinese buy more German vehicles than the UK. I'm sure they realise that also.
    Big appetite for HW's as well!