Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Buying airguns from NL, DE, PL etc.still possible after Brexit?

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    Absolutely right. Just watch the whole rotten cart come crashing down when they realise someone else has to pay the U.K.'s net contribution!

John
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynB View Post
    That is going to be very interesting to watch
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew451 View Post
    A friend was in Germany on business last week during the referendum. He told me that was their sentiment exactly. They realise that they are effectively the only ones with anything like the means to pay it.
    No one on the planet apart from the Americans and Chinese buy more German vehicles than the UK. I'm sure they realise that also.
    Big appetite for HW's as well!
    It will be more interesting to watch what happens when Brexiters realise that the contribution will still be payable, to retain access to the single market.

2011 - figures - The UK paid approximately £128 per head, Norway, no-where near as prosperous, and NOT in the EU, paid £106. And gets no say in how they are spent, and still has to comply with the vast majority of the EU's regulations.

I'm no leftie, but Google also says:

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...orwegian-model

This time, expect the remaining member states to be spectacularly punitive in their negotiations with the UK.
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

Quote Originally Posted by air-tech View Post
    It will be more interesting to watch what happens when Brexiters realise that the contribution will still be payable, to retain access to the single market.

2011 - figures - The UK paid approximately £128 per head, Norway, no-where near as prosperous, and NOT in the EU, paid £106. And gets no say in how they are spent, and still has to comply with the vast majority of the EU's regulations.

I'm no leftie, but Google also says:

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...orwegian-model

This time, expect the remaining member states to be spectacularly punitive in their negotiations with the UK.
    I think there are one or two key differences between the economies of the U.K. and Norway.

As for "We pay but have no say", I thought that was the case anyway. Whenever there's a vote, the rest of this corrupt organisation vote against Britain's wishes, so we may as well not have had any say in the first place.

The sooner we repeal the 1970's legislation which got us into this mess in the first place, the better.

John
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

Quote Originally Posted by greenman View Post
    It's not Ukip, it's the majority. We live in a democracy and a democratic process has occurred . Winner takes all ,supp it up .

Fair comment. Come back to me after the autumn general election then

I wonder what odds I can get that you lot won't be getting your Brexit. Well worth a punt I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post

As for "We pay but have no say", I thought that was the case anyway. Whenever there's a vote, the rest of this corrupt organisation vote against Britain's wishes, so we may as well not have had any say in the first place.
    It all depends where you get your information from.

Hopefully not from a "news" paper that also publishes this:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/weird
    **WANTED**: WEBLEY PATRIOT MUZZLE END; Any Diana/Original mod.50 parts, especially OPEN SIGHTS

John

of Josie&John,

That is not the case at all,

Recent example Britain ALONE scuppered / vetoed a long worked-on tariff on 'dumped' Chinese steel. After many months of work and against all others we (Cameron et al) put our boot in the door and the fairly modest 18% tariff had to be dropped. Tata steel went t1ts up shortly after.

getting back to the OP,

Membership of the EU confers considerable Consumer Protections, price is one of those but also 'availability' or free access to retailers throughout the 27 nations.

If the post-brexit UK ever gets around to starting the process of leaving (article 50) dont expect 'Consumer Rights' to be high on 'our' negotiating agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by ftsefund View Post
    ^ interesting to watch but not interesting if you have any meaningful assets of any kind - the world would be in recession for a long time if that was to happen - just little ol' UK voting to leave Europe has caused mayhem in the markets. Lets all hope things stabilise quickly and the rest of europe gets on fine without us.
    We're not the only ones not happy with the EU, Germany, France etc all have mis-trust in the EU. If the EU is so confident of it's popularity, let every member nation have a referendum and see what they think

I have no problem with the European nations, but the EU as it is is busted and not fit for purpose

Quote Originally Posted by DSidelever View Post

Membership of the EU confers considerable Consumer Protections, price is one of those but also 'availability' or free access to retailers throughout the 27 nations.
    Yes but it doesn't work does it? For instance...A lot of people are buying Steyrs and JSB pellets cheaper directly from Europe, then what do you know........the UK importers get it closed down or tightened up by complaining to the manufacturers and suddenly the EU dealers cant get hold of the items.
    This is happening all of the time, Pre Brexit.
    BASC