Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help on a HW110 anyone please ?

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwll-llantysili

Recall

Can I ask how long back this bad batch goes (if anyone knows) the reason I ask is I'm on holiday at the mo and can't check my barrel but I have the exact same problem with a new HW100 bought in January ....it was like shooting a shotgun.
    The ONLY pellets I can get any sort of group with are RWS superfields in .177 more importantly 4.51 head size,the gun will not put any pellets in the same place and is totally unpredictable if I use 4.52,4.53 regardless of make
    now hoping this could be the problem.
    Life is like a toilet roll, when you get closer to the end, the quicker it goes.

I had to return my 110 as it wasn't grouping. The RFD tried three others on their range and all were the same. I opted for a 100ks which will not group either. All had the unfinished screwcut on the barrel.
    RFD has promised a new barrel this week and at least Hull Cartridge are admitting a fault.
    All 100s I've had in the past have been spot on.
    This shouldn't have happened but it is getting sorted.

Chris

These doggy barrels have been going on a few years now.
    My .177 kt from 2014 had to go back because could not group with any pellet

Just checked my brand new HW100KT Laminate - the barrel is the same thread as my HW110 pictured.

Not had a chance to zero either at the moment but presume both will suffer the issue then?

Quote Originally Posted by Jas View Post
    Just checked my brand new HW100KT Laminate - the barrel is the same thread as my HW110 pictured.

Not had a chance to zero either at the moment but presume both will suffer the issue then?
    Not necessary

So ...
    If its the barrels as illustrated with a shortfall of thread .....

Is this just a feature that applies to the faulting barrels .....surely this thread for the silencer cannot cause anything ? ...the silencer will tighten up ...as did my mates....

It must be something more "irregular" ...like as already mentioned..... the choke .....

A few things spring to mind .....
    Are barrels being farmed out ? Why would they knowingly suddenly short thread their own barrels ? if these are the only effected ones.
    Are they tested or just assembled ?
    Would like to screw the silencer off the ones that have been reviewed in the mags and have a look....mmmmm

I am a happy owner of a HW100 amongst others ....its clinical....So I aint jumping on the hate wagon ! ....
    This shouldn't have happened....

How many have "fell out with their new rifle" if its had to go back ...R10 & Ultra owners (BSA), Hunstman owners, Compatto owners (Daystate / Brocock) and then bought a totally different rifle....This will I believe have a fair impact on sales...I would not have 100% confidence in walking out of a shop with a new 100 or 110 anymore. Who wants the hassle of taking a new gun back ... if its your only gun ....you have saved for ...and its back before you have even started to enjoy it.

.....I think theres only one left to go in the hat ....

Maybe I aint read enough .... but dare I say it ... I haven't read anything bad about AArms...yet .... (Tin hat on waiting for deluge of AA problems) !!!

So will it be ....weihrauch cap, badge, mug, pellets, voucher ?? .....in return with your rebarrelled rifle ??
    or a nice letter from Hans ??

I will see what my buddy gets from Weihrauch ... or the shop he got it from ....

I have a few brands of rifles, both spring piston and PCP. And the ONLY BRAND I have ever had accuracy issues with was Weihrauch. Every .22 cal HW I've had was terrible with oversized bores and over tight chokes (HW77K, HW80, HW100S). I have a .177 HW77K now with a seriously tight spot at the breech that shoots like crap too. You can push a pellet past the tight spot, and it practically free falls till it hits the choke. It groups okay, but not good enough for HFT in my opinion. Here in the US, people don't seem to want to believe it.

My Air Arms spring and PCP guns, FX, Diana springers and even the one Crosman PCP were all great. The Air Arms and FX were exceptional, actually. And my HW100 is now that it has a Walther barrel.

I have other HWs that shoot great. Love their guns, but I'm leery of buying any more.

Quote Originally Posted by thumperjones View Post
    I have a few brands of rifles, both spring piston and PCP. And the ONLY BRAND I have ever had accuracy issues with was Weihrauch. Every .22 cal HW I've had was terrible with oversized bores and over tight chokes (HW77K, HW80, HW100S). I have a .177 HW77K now with a seriously tight spot at the breech that shoots like crap too. You can push a pellet past the tight spot, and it practically free falls till it hits the choke. It groups okay, but not good enough for HFT in my opinion. Here in the US, people don't seem to want to believe it.

My Air Arms spring and PCP guns, FX, Diana springers and even the one Crosman PCP were all great. The Air Arms and FX were exceptional, actually. And my HW100 is now that it has a Walther barrel.

I have other HWs that shoot great. Love their guns, but I'm leery of buying any more.
    What power levels are your Weihrauchs? Over here almost all air guns are limited to 12 ft lbs (about 600 feet/sec in .22 and about 800 ft/sec in.177) and most are accurate enough, and arguably as good as any other brand. However, their Precharged Pneumatic air rifle barrels do seem to have a less good reputation at higher muzzle speeds and power levels.

Quote Originally Posted by Shedder View Post
    What power levels are your Weihrauchs? Over here almost all air guns are limited to 12 ft lbs (about 600 feet/sec in .22 and about 800 ft/sec in.177) and most are accurate enough, and arguably as good as any other brand. However, their Precharged Pneumatic air rifle barrels do seem to have a less good reputation at higher muzzle speeds and power levels.
    My HW100 was an earlier model, a 2004 I believe. It was shooting at 23fpe. However, I turned it down to around 14fpe with no change in accuracy. The bore was very loose, and the choke was so tight that the pellet got "scrubbed" after it passed through the muzzle.

The HW80 was stock at 17fpe and later swapped down to 12fpe, the HW77K in .22 was tuned to 13fpe. The .177 HW77K is a MK2 25mm piston, and it's tuned to 11.2fpe.

Pushing a pellet through the barrel reveals the issue. Of course with the HW100 or HW77, you need to take it apart to do this. The .177s have been all good for me except this one 77K.

Tight spots in the breech of the 77/97s, and big bores and overtight chokes in .22 caliber in all the guns seem to be common from my experiences. Whether this causes accuracy issues seems to be determined by the luck of the draw and how extreme these conditions are, however.

Weihrauch makes a great .177 barrel. They can really mess it up though when they press it so tight into the breech that it creates a heavy restriction. I haven't seen a properly sized .22 barrel yet. This explains why even the "good" ones are so pellet picky.

My HW77K MK2 will have a Lothar Walther barrel within a few weeks. I cut the tube apart last night, and got the barrel out. Should be able to hold it's own against a TX200 after it gets finished up.

Resurrecting this thread...no pun intended!!!

Some may know I run a small channel on YouTube and we looked at the 110 as we found it at the time.

Just had a baffling 4 hour sesh on the paper across the full range on Toms HW110.

Googling the problems others are seeing with this rifle...i get a load of noise but no definite conclusions. my main question to the forum is...what problems have you experienced and was it ever fixed? Did you ever get a full complete explanation?
    Air Arms S410F Classic .177 (AGS 6-24x50 SFIR), Walther Rotex RM8 Black .22 (Hawke Vantage 3-12x50 AO IR), Walther Century .177 (Walther ZF 6x42 AO, BKL one piece mount), Remington Express AR1 .22 (AGS 6-24x50 SFIR, BKL one piece mount ss),

Batch of barrels that weren't choked properly. Hull Cartridge have a list of serial numbers that are affected so you can either give them a ring or call where you purchased it from and they will be able to tell you if yours is one of the dodgy batch.